FT Express swing driver in south FL?

It will be fine

Yeah I'm kinda depressed almost regretting withdrawing the application. 21/per hour plus OT I'm sure, is a hell of a lot better than the 15. But I don't complain,I keep my head down and I try to always work hard and efficiently perhaps UPS will see that and after a year I can be a driver. btw the job posting said part time PH 4am-10am.

One more thing, what are the odds I can be a driver after about a year? I'm sure it's been answered but all the posts I'm finding are really old on that topic.maybe things have changed as far as culture, hiring protocols, etc.
UPS is a union shop. It doesn’t matter how hard you work, it matters how long you’ve been showing up.

chris45

yes the raises with express are trash. and people say free time is the good thing about express...but honestly, people say you have all this free time with express and :censored2: like that but i dont find that to be the case. you have to be at a legit properly staffed station to really get that free time and it seems like alot arent properly staffed. i personally am good but alot of these stations ive been to people are not good, they are forced to start in the am and work 10-12+ hours

MassWineGuy

FWIW, a station I transferred from just had 2 long-time Express employees leave for UPS due to the awful management at that station.

Not saying it’s awful at every station, but you probably made a good decision.

Three from my station recently left for UPS, including one with over 10 years at Express.

If UPS doesn’t keep you past December, you can always go back to Express.

Every day I give thanks for being PT and not being required to work extra unless I want to.

FedexCares

Probably made a smart decision in the long run especially if you are younger. Swing positions at FedEx are no picnic and from my experience only certain types of people really thrive in the position.

Working a different area everyday sucks, especially if you would have been working a large station where you never get a chance to really learn an area.

When you start driving at UPS it will probably be similar but at least you will be on the path to making real money and benefits.

F10N55GAP-EM

UPDATE GUYS!!!!

I APPLIED FOR A NEWLY OPENED SLOT FOR PT AIR PACKAGE DRIVER AND I HAVE PHONE INTERVIEW LATER TODAY IM SO STOKED!!!!!! WOOO HOOOOOOOO

F10N55GAP-EM

UPDATE GUYS!!!!

I APPLIED FOR A NEWLY OPENED SLOT FOR PT AIR PACKAGE DRIVER AND I HAVE PHONE INTERVIEW LATER TODAY IM SO STOKED!!!!!! WOOO HOOOOOOOO
I must say it says must know how to drive a manual transmission I wonder if I can just fake it till I make it or learn on the fly man they still do Manny tranny's in 2022 that's going to be a huge hurdle!

FedexCares

I must say it says must know how to drive a manual transmission I wonder if I can just fake it till I make it or learn on the fly man they still do Manny tranny's in 2022 that's going to be a huge hurdle!
I wouldn’t suggest trying to “fake it until you make it” when it comes to driving a stick shift. There are mistakes and issues nearly everyone has when first stating out on a manual and you will likely be the same.

It’s not difficult, but I would definitely recommend trying to get in some practice whether that’s from a friend/family member’s vehicle or some other option. I have driven a stick in my personal vehicle for years and actually prefer it.

McFeely

Huge Member
Even the recruiters at UPS are trying to poach FedEx drivers 😂

6B924F24-623D-4952-87AE-1BF66413EE28.jpeg

MassWineGuy

My cars are all manual. But you definitely better learn before you start the job or it’ll be painfully obvious in two seconds.

Back to your old stuff, 48. I guess you disagree about it being obvious in two seconds.

UPS poaching us? Unless things have changed, most new hires are at the low end when it comes to getting terrible routes. Still, probably worth it.