Fuel rewards ?

UPS4Life

I assume you're talking about one of those cards you swipe before you pay, not a rewards credit card. I don't see why they would care (or how they would even know), especially when a lot of those cards discount a few cents per gallon when you use them.
What if ups gets an already discounted price pre negotiated and because you're collecting reward points it is actually canceling out UPS discount they were already suppose to receive?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Rule of thumb for a long secure career: If you question whether something is wrong in your mind, don't do it.
In this case it can't hurt to ask your center manager what he thinks.

rod

Retired 22 years
What if ups gets an already discounted price pre negotiated and because you're collecting reward points it is actually canceling out UPS discount they were already suppose to receive?

I think you are over thinking this. The days of fuel companies giving discounts to companies are long gone. I did hear awhile back during a gas shortage of big oil charging UPS MORE than the pump rate just so it would be guaranteed enough fuel.

Dr.Brownz

The local sort used to do this about 3 or 4 years ago. It ended when management started using all the points that hourlies had accrued and everyone was pissed off

Dr.Brownz

Yeah I made that whole story up to get attention!

By management i mean a couple :censored2: part time sup ladies in their late 30's. Not sure what is so unbelievable. The local sort got a rewards card they passed around when they fueled trucks (in a small center, so the sort lasts like an hour)

hyena

So I'm sure a lot of us have fuel reward cards for BP or GetGo etc....now is there anything wrong with using these before we fuel to gain points? I have never done this but just thought about it today. Can we be disciplined if we do this?
Your gaining points while saving the company money ( I'm assuming your getting 3 cents off the gallon or something by using your loyalty card). It's on upsets.com win win for both as long as your not going out of your way I guess

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yeah I made that whole story up to get attention!

By management i mean a couple :censored2: part time sup ladies in their late 30's. Not sure what is so unbelievable. The local sort got a rewards card they passed around when they fueled trucks (in a small center, so the sort lasts like an hour)
You Local Sort employees fueled off site at a gas station?
They would have to be DOT qualified and go through driver orientation. (over 21 too).
Possible but just does not sound right as there is too much liability.
Drivers should fuel on area.

Dr.Brownz

You Local Sort employees fueled off site at a gas station?
They would have to be DOT qualified and go through driver orientation. (over 21 too).
Possible but just does not sound right as there is too much liability.
Drivers should fuel on area.

Lol we are in small center we dont have on site pumps; yeah they are over 21.
I did the job for a year before I drove; they did change to fuel on area about 5 months ago because they ran low on dot qualified guys on ls

Last edited by a moderator:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Lol we are in small center we dont have on site pumps; yeah they are over 21.
I did the job for a year before I drove; they did change to fuel on area about 5 months ago because they ran low on dot qualified guys on ls
Thanks!
I never ran across that in 40 years.
Learned something today.
Now I can turn my brain off.