Fulfillment by Amazon and UPS

Ivan Kov

You got compensated for it quit crying

I rather not be compensated and wait for an investigation. I dont sell vintage computers because they make lots of money. Its a side project that I take pride in. So knowing there is a vintage machine on someones desk is the point.

But it seems like they just compensate me and my poor computer ends up ....what getting put in the garbage a year down the road when its found?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Meh, I built my own on a LGA 775 MB about 5 years ago, still got it in the closet. Lemme know if you need some 8gig ddr2 ram. Think I threw a dual core in there, overclocked it a bit, air cooled but still ran fine.

Future

Victory Ride
I rather not be compensated and wait for an investigation. I dont sell vintage computers because they make lots of money. Its a side project that I take pride in. So knowing there is a vintage machine on someones desk is the point.

But it seems like they just compensate me and my poor computer ends up ....what getting put in the garbage a year down the road when its found?
I guess I can feel your pain ...sorry

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

Not sure why you sell vintage machines in the first place. Most of the parts are discontinued and the drivers along with them. I mean if you wanna run Nancy Drew from 2008 on it I can understand, but what’s the point?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
You got compensated for it quit crying

Next time, tell Amazon to use FedEx, we know how to handle sensitive electronic equipment!

7QpL.gif

giphy.gif

Turdferguson

Just a turd

I will be sold at salvage auction . So cheer up

Poop Head

Judge me.

It's already in the dumpster. Smashed to smithereens

Nike

Let me clue you in friend, most packages don't get "lost", they're either damaged beyond repair and the company has to save face by saying it's "lost". Or it was stolen, although this is somewhat more rare. Given what you said about what you're shipping, it probably got damaged. You'd be surprised what a lil rain water and a few drops on concrete can do to a piece of cardboard.

Ivan Kov

Let me clue you in friend, most packages don't get "lost", they're either damaged beyond repair and the company has to save face by saying it's "lost". Or it was stolen, although this is somewhat more rare. Given what you said about what you're shipping, it probably got damaged. You'd be surprised what a lil rain water and a few drops on concrete can do to a piece of cardboard.

I could cry.

MDX91

Make sure you use some heavy heavy duty cardboard. Or we even have some people ship in wood. Once the belts get backed up it's a cardboard crush zone. And make sure you keep a backup label in the box, as they get ripped up from time to time. If there's no backup label or at least an invoice with an address and return address, gonna be hard to figure out where it's supposed to go. Hell, tape it good to whatever you're shipping so it won't just fall out and get lost when/if the box gets damaged.

john chesney

Don’t worry it’s on someone’s desk somewhere just not who you sent it to.

john chesney

How does this strange partnership work exactly? I sent a vintage restored computer to the amazon warehouse so they can sell it for me and I used UPS (partnered carrier) to ship it. It was lost in transit. Amazon compensated me for my loss. However, I'm left sad because I spent a month restoring the computer and I would have liked a customer to end up with it so they can appreciate the beauty. Is there any effort at all made to locate my item? When I complained to amazon they compensated me within 9 minutes. Didn't seem like any investigation took place.
Now that I’m retired I will be launching a full scale investigation into your missing computer. I’ll get back to you