Full time combination driver

Croc

I was hired as a full time combo driver. I went through school, passed and gave my supervisor my number. I went out one day with a veteran driver and things went well. The next day they told me they didn’t have anyone to train me and that it would be two weeks before I could start. I asked if I could work in the building until then but my supervisor told me I’m not a real employee and can’t do that. Any tips would be appreciated . Thanks !

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I was hired as a full time combo driver. I went through school, passed and gave my supervisor my number. I went out one day with a veteran driver and things went well. The next day they told me they didn’t have anyone to train me and that it would be two weeks before I could start. I asked if I could work in the building until then but my supervisor told me I’m not a real employee and can’t do that. Any tips would be appreciated . Thanks !
You are seasonal, they lied to you unfortunately.

Croc

Well damn , that sucks but thanks for your honesty everyone. I was told repeatedly by HR it was a permanent position and no layoffs would happen. I understand you have to qualify and show ability but this is another type of game they are playing.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Well damn , that sucks but thanks for your honesty everyone. I was told repeatedly by HR it was a permanent position and no layoffs would happen. I understand you have to qualify and show ability but this is another type of game they are playing.
Nothing in life is permanent.

Saddle up and enjoy the ride...

But always keep a spare horse.