Full time driver bumping preload

Wheeler

"King"
I am a new full-time rpcd wanting to bump to part-time positions but my center says that if I do that I cannot drive the rest of the week I have asked other drivers and they say that I can drive I just can't drive that day which is it

I am a new full-time rpcd wanting to bump to part-time positions but my center says that if I do that I cannot drive the rest of the week I have asked other drivers and they say that I can drive I just can't drive that day which is it
Preload would more than likely mess up your chance of driving .

542thruNthru

Without knowing what supplmental/rider you are covered by no one can answer that question accurately.

I will say.. that's not how it works here.

Yolo

The thing is they might not know if they need you to drive or not until 7am. And if you work preload they probably arent going to let you drive.

542thruNthru

The thing is they might not know if they need you to drive or not until 7am. And if you work preload they probably arent going to let you drive.

They could pull him off preload once they figure out they need him. They used to do it here all the time. Just make sure to bring browns.

Also once they are short drivers a couple times they will start finding something for him to do rather than a ORS run a route 3 or 4 times a week.

Wheeler

"King"
Sounds like your management team is full of it then. Have you talk to a shop steward?

@Mugarolla or @BigUnionGuy are the central region wizz kids. They could probably answer your question better than me just looking in your contract.
Yes but our steward just started at ups right before peak so knows nothing but article 3 subsection 6 of the central region suppliment says nothing about not being able to drive for the rest of the week after bumping in

542thruNthru

Yes but our steward just started at ups right before peak so knows nothing but article 3 subsection 6 of the central region suppliment says nothing about not being able to drive for the rest of the week after bumping in

I agree that's what I read also. Maybe put in a call to your local and speak with your BA.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

your steward started at ups right before peak

What??

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Here they have you bump into the day sorts. I believe there have been cases where drivers did Preload but I am unaware of what they negotiated on the day of. Probably they took one of the two cars on a masher/resi combo route or did cleanup and waived a portion of their 8-hour guarantee in doing so afterwords.

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Have you received an official layoff notice, or have been told you are laid off ?