Full-time Inside Seasonals

The Range

In too deep
The practice started last peak and continues this summer. Full-time seasonals working in small sort starting @ $18 an hour. Local 170. How common is this practice across the country? This limits part-time extension opportunities. Why make more full-time jobs when you can have seasonal employees working 6 months out of the year and supervisors allowed to work the other 6 (on mondays, fridays, other "busy" days)? This is a union shop? The well is poisoned.

Last edited:

The Range

In too deep
The situation is absurd. It is the antithesis of a union shop. With the full-time inside wait at 15 years, it should be infuriating. Why again are people paying dues? Quit and get rehired as a full-time seasonal 6 months out of the year.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
The situation is absurd. It is the antithesis of a union shop. With the full-time inside wait at 15 years, it should be infuriating.

A bunch of us on preload have made a stink but after talking to a bunch of people what I gathered is that it's in the contract and they can do that if they please. Sucks but what can you do

The Range

In too deep
You know what else is in the contract? The right of part-timers to put their name on a preferred job list. Ask when the last time that list was up in our building. Interesting how our union operates.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I heard some of the guys in our little center talking about this but they sounded as if they weren't sure if it was true or not. It's not in our area but I guess this sort of thing is infamous enough to get employees across the region talking about it.

The Range

In too deep
Yup it is true. They started this practice last peak. This summer there is at least 10 on my shift, mostly concentrated in small sort.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
A bunch of us on preload have made a stink but after talking to a bunch of people what I gathered is that it's in the contract and they can do that if they please. Sucks but what can you do
Where is that in the contract? Only thing I see is where they can hire inside temporary in October, but nothing about summer time. It also states that if they work more than 30 days it becomes a permanent job open to bidding