Full-time Inside Seasonals

km3

A bunch of us on preload have made a stink but after talking to a bunch of people what I gathered is that it's in the contract and they can do that if they please. Sucks but what can you do

It's happening here too. Different supplement, definitely not in the contract.

I make more double shifting which we do almost nightly 10 months of the year, so I don't care.

What angers me more is the "we can violate the contract however we want" attitude by the company.

Nike

You guys act surprised, this company hates the union, it goes way past the point of common sense sometimes.
They will do what they will to get rid of it, even it means making this place worse than fedex, usps etc.
Which is absurd, but hey the writing is constantly on the wall.

Faceplanted

You guys act surprised, this company hates the union, it goes way past the point of common sense sometimes.
They will do what they will to get rid of it, even it means making this place worse than fedex, usps etc.
Which is absurd, but hey the writing is constantly on the wall.
The union hates the union. Stuff like this happens all the time, the local is usually aware but sit on the hands and do nothing

Well some come on here and argue back and forth about useless garbage... but u catch my drift.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
The union hates the union. Stuff like this happens all the time, the local is usually aware but sit on the hands and do nothing

Well some come on here and argue back and forth about useless garbage... but u catch my drift.
the union dont care

1000RR

They started that this year in our hub. Seasonal Article 22.3 to run end of May to 1st of September. Pay is $15/hr or if you make more than that you keep your normal rate. Must work mon-fri, work as directed, if you have vacation during this period it is paid at normal part time rate. OT over 8 hours a day instead of 5 for PT. Last year they used doubles throughout the summer. I told everyone I could to not sign this list that way they would have to ask for doubles. Nobody listened, go figure. I doubled last year, but did not sign this list this year because I don't want to load for 10 hours a day in the 100 degree heat. At least last year I got OT after 5 hours, that made it a little bit more bearable. If I sign a full time sheet it better damn well be permanent. Screw this seasonal crap. Union should be ashamed for even letting it happen.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You know what else is in the contract? The right of part-timers to put their name on a preferred job list. Ask when the last time that list was up in our building. Interesting how our union operates.
Do these temps pay union dues? Free them from that and watch how hard the union fights.