Full time progression 4 years?

jedi_243

Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 4.58.19 PM.png

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
That must have been one hell of a first top wage check!
Yeah it was, told all the guys at work I was going to buy a mustang and live the life boy was I way off. Now I mentor these youngsters and tell them to save and buy a house for cash and wear a damn rubber or top rate wont hit for 18 years or so.

JL 0513

When you're looking forward to top rate you think it's going to feel like big money, but (depending on your circumstances), it turns out it's never enough. It's relatively good money, but the wants will always outweigh the paycheck. I'm top rate and my wife makes the same and when I drive through nice neighborhoods I'm like "man, what do these people do?".

Decent house in the suburbs in my area you're looking at $500K

Average new car: $37K

Saving up for kids college which could be the cost of a house.

Saving up for retirement where 7 figures is recommended.

Suddenly, $200K a year disappears pretty quickly.

Don't get me wrong, we're fortunate but a good middle class life costs a fortune now.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
When you're looking forward to top rate you think it's going to feel like big money, but (depending on your circumstances), it turns out it's never enough. It's relatively good money, but the wants will always outweigh the paycheck. I'm top rate and my wife makes the same and when I drive through nice neighborhoods I'm like "man, what do these people do?".

Decent house in the suburbs in my area you're looking at $500K

Average new car: $37K

Saving up for kids college which could be the cost of a house.

Saving up for retirement where 7 figures is recommended.

Suddenly, $200K a year disappears pretty quickly.

Don't get me wrong, we're fortunate but a good middle class life costs a fortune now.
Lifestyle inflation is a bitch.
Mo money mo problems.