Full Time Seniority

Anyone ever transferred from one district to another. I originally was a full time air district employee, transferred to the ground side to be a driver and was told I lost all my seniority and had to start as a newly hired employee. Basically I have 3 seniority dates now ( part time, full time, and driver time). I kept all my vacations (6 and an option week). Just wondering if this was a local thing or anyone else have encountered this. I had actually filed a grievance on this and was told by the labor manager this had nothing to do with the company so they didn't care either way. Thinking my union rep would stand by the rank and file, I thought he would give me my original full time date. Well last I heard he was checking on it. Been over 2 years now, guess he is still checking.
What local or rider are you from?

luckster

Two years???

Sounds about par for my Local.
I am PT air drive and a FT delivery driver opened up and I requested if I can bid and HR said I have to wait 1 year to bid? Is this true? Why would they hire off the street and not give it to PT employees instead?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Anyone ever transferred from one district to another. I originally was a full time air district employee, transferred to the ground side to be a driver and was told I lost all my seniority and had to start as a newly hired employee. Basically I have 3 seniority dates now ( part time, full time, and driver time). I kept all my vacations (6 and an option week). Just wondering if this was a local thing or anyone else have encountered this. I had actually filed a grievance on this and was told by the labor manager this had nothing to do with the company so they didn't care either way. Thinking my union rep would stand by the rank and file, I thought he would give me my original full time date. Well last I heard he was checking on it. Been over 2 years now, guess he is still checking.

It's spelled out in your supplement.

Louisville and United Parcel Service
Supplemental Agreement to the
National Master United Parcel Service
Agreement

ARTICLE IV- FULL TIME POSITIONS

Section A.

The Employer agrees that in filling permanent full-time driver jobs in the Centennial building one (1) out of five (5) will be offered by seniority to all Air District Employees provided they meet the same requirements as applicants for the job.

There will be an annual bid posted the 1st week of January and pulled by January 15th for those interested in driving positions. Available jobs during the year shall be filled by seniority from that list.

Section B.

The employee awarded the driving job must complete a thirty (30) working day training period. Employees who fail to qualify will return to their previous job and will not be considered for driving for at least one (1) year. An employee who fails to qualify on their second (2nd) attempt, shall not be allowed to bid for another three (3) years. Employees who disqualify themselves on their first (1st) attempt will not be allowed to bid for two (2) years. Air Operation employees successfully transferring to a driver job in the Kentucky district will be considered as a newly-hired, full-time employee and will be added to the appropriate seniority list. Their seniority date shall be in accordance with the Central Conference of Teamsters Supplemental Agreement.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
I am PT air drive and a FT delivery driver opened up and I requested if I can bid and HR said I have to wait 1 year to bid? Is this true? Why would they hire off the street and not give it to PT employees instead?

If you were disqualified from another driving position before this bid, you may not qualify. You have to wait for a year to try again. Otherwise, you should have the right to sign the list at the rate of 5 from the inside to 1 from the outside.