8D56EB1E-A2B8-4894-A698-6594F80BB393.jpeg

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm trying to understand your point

, everyone that serves kills children?

dont get into barfights?

dont be in a bar when you're only 16

just beat the guy dont try to kill him?

I just know there's a valuable lesson here?

As far as I know I didn't kill any children in Vietnam---I might have made a few but I don't think I killed any.

Serf

"John McCain funeral guest list is concrete proof that nobody was held accountable for the Iraq War, the financial crisis and the creation of extrajudicial surveillance & drone assassination programs -- and likely nobody ever will be."

*Read that snippet this morning. Very juicy.

newfie

"John McCain funeral guest list is concrete proof that nobody was held accountable for the Iraq War, the financial crisis and the creation of extrajudicial surveillance & drone assassination programs -- and likely nobody ever will be."

*Read that snippet this morning. Very juicy.

there were quite a few people that McCain left off of it that he clearly held grudges against until the end.
kind of kills the reach across the aisle / love everybody narrative.

its his legacy but I think its arrogant to plan out an A list for your own funeral.
I think if you want to go you should be able to.
I think the crowd that was there would have been much different if he had that philosophy
many of those politicians that really could care less would not , many voters who felt John helped them would.

rickyb

its good that trump didnt go. shows that hes a liitle anti establishment. he did a tweet about the police state other day

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Thus said Meghan McCain:

“We gather to mourn the passing of American greatness, the real thing, not cheap rhetoric from men who will never come near the sacrifice, those that live lives of comfort and privilege while he suffered and served. He was a great fire who burned bright. In the past few days, my family and I have heard from so many of those Americans who stood in the warmth and light of his fire and found it illuminated what's best about them. We are grateful to them because they're grateful to him. A few have resented that fire for the light it cast upon them for the truth it revealed about their character, but my father never cared what they thought and even that small number still have the opportunity as long as they draw breath to live up to the example of John McCain.”

soberups

What's your point. You know he would have been crucified if he would have attended. Sometimes its just best to avoid a situation.
He was not worthy to attend.
So he spent the day golfing and rage tweeting while the adults took care of the business of paying respect to a hero.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Thus said Meghan McCain:

“We gather to mourn the passing of American greatness, the real thing, not cheap rhetoric from men who will never come near the sacrifice, those that live lives of comfort and privilege while he suffered and served. He was a great fire who burned bright. In the past few days, my family and I have heard from so many of those Americans who stood in the warmth and light of his fire and found it illuminated what's best about them. We are grateful to them because they're grateful to him. A few have resented that fire for the light it cast upon them for the truth it revealed about their character, but my father never cared what they thought and even that small number still have the opportunity as long as they draw breath to live up to the example of John McCain.”
She looked POed ... wonder from whom she inherited that?!

soberups

I don't think I've ever watched a funeral on TV ... I feel sad for the people that did or ever have.
Anyway, this warning caught my eye and it's so true of the entrenched Washington crowd.

"I don’t blame Meghan McCain for taking shots at President Trump. It’s clearly what her father wanted her to do, and Trump started the feud. I do blame former presidents Obama and Bush for joining in the resistance-fest.

The political class isn’t wrong to bemoan the lack of civility and decorum constantly exhibited by President Trump. But it is wrong to do so while using a funeral to try to score political points.
That’s the kind of smugness and hypocrisy that gave rise to Trump’s political success."
They weren’t using the funeral to score political points.
They were using the funeral to respect McCain’s wishes.
There is a reason McCain asked Obama and Bush to deliver his eulogy and there is a reason he deliberately excluded Trump.
If you are going to take cheap shots at a war hero and denigrate his service...dont expect to have your draft-dodging ass get invited to his funeral. And if your ears start burning when the grownups at the funeral talk about things like honor and courage and sacrifice for country...that is just too damn bad.

newfie

Thus said Meghan McCain:

she will resent politicizing her fathers funeral. and she is a bit two faced in this case perhaps from the emotions of the funeral since she has supported Trumps MAGA rhetoric in the past. her father has been used as a political tool all week and now she is the same .

newfie

He was not worthy to attend.
So he spent the day golfing and rage tweeting while the adults took care of the business of paying respect to a hero.

So he spent the day golfing and tweeting while the swamp took care of its own. while the swamp elevated a simple congressman to the head of state level simply to embarass our president.

the good news is now McCain is dead and buried and there is one less Rino around to be used by the liberal media to do their bidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.