Funny Customer Encounters: Sign your name here....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No, but I can tell when someone is failing to act in the best interest of the company. Every thread the OP has a long [unnecessary] conversation with a customer. I find myself wondering every time why he does not move on. He wants to argue. He could increase his stops by closing his mouth. I'm willing to bet he doesn't do this during an OJS.
I'm not accusing the OP of anything but we had a very slow driver here get locked in at x amount of stops after an OJS. His reply "I can't do that many stops. I can't talked to my customers and do that many stops."

laffter

Was just commenting on another thread when I thought about some of the most ridiculous customer encounters I've ever had over the years. Probably one of my favorites is the story below. How a simple signature can make a persons brain implode.

Me: "Hello ma'am. (handing her the package) I just need a signature."

Girl: "OK, but who's it for?"

Me: "It's for (can't remember her name so we'll make something up for this thread) Sue Smith."

Girl: "That's my mom" (signs name)

Me: "What's your last name?"

Girl: " Smith. Did you want me to sign my name, or my moms name?"

Me: "Your name"

Girl: "Oh, I'm sorry, I signed my moms name. Can I sign again?"

Me: "Sure, here, you can sign again. Just sign your name" (gives her back the DIAD)

Girl: (signs again)

Me: (looks at signature, and it's IDENTICAL to the one she just signed) "Um, you signed the same name again?"

Girl: "I know. I have the same name as my mom"

Me: (thinking WTF?!) "So you have the same name as your mom, and you wanted to sign again?!"

Girl: "Yes because I signed my moms name first"

Me: "You signed it the same exact way though, 'Sue Smith', and you said you both have the same name. Why sign again? It makes no difference"

Girl: "Uh, yeah, because you told me I had to sign my name!"

Me: "But no matter who you sign as, the name is still the same. The signature will be identical. Don't you realize that? It doesn't matter because you have the same name! Signing it the same way with the same name again is pointless. Your name, your moms name, they're the SAME!"

Girl: (blank stare) "I don't understand. I signed my moms name first, and you said to sign MY name. I did that! I know we have the same name but I signed it for her first!"

Me: (blank stare now probably drooling from a momentary loss of IQ points) "Never mind. Thank you for signing as yourself this time"

These are the kind of people that vote. Unbelievable! Hahaha

Alright, man. Usually, I find your stories funny and believable. But, seriously? If this actually happened, you would seriously stand there and argue with the person? Is this what you really do all day long? A 'normal' driver would give the customer a blank "you're stupid" stare and go about their day. I don't for a moment believe that you stood there and tried to convince her of what you described in your story.

Maybe you had one too many whiskeys this time during your brainstorming session.

jaker

trolling
I hate the ones that slow the entire process down.

"You have a package you need to sign for"
"what is it"
"I don't know but it is for John Smith"
"Oh, that is for my son"
"ok, can you sign?"
They turn the DIAD.
I then turn the DIAD around and they make a comment like "oh, it looked upside down"
They then ask who's name to sign.
Then they sign a long name real slow.
Then a pause and stare.
Then they proceed to dot the I's and cross the T's
Then another pause and a stare.
Then I get Diad back and ask last name.
"my last name?"
(To add on to this )
Yes
I wrote it on there
I can't read your sig

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
My son and I share the same first and last names but have different middle names. We didn't think about this at the time but it is not a good idea to do this as it could cause issues with your credit and potential errors on both of your credit reports.

Correct. My father and I are the exact sane way, though he has no middle name and I do.

When I turned 18 and was collecting $140 a week part time at UPS, I applied for a credit card and was approved with an $8000 limit with an excellent interest rate - all because they thought I was him.

Marne Vet

No, but I can tell when someone is failing to act in the best interest of the company. Every thread the OP has a long [unnecessary] conversation with a customer. I find myself wondering every time why he does not move on. He wants to argue. He could increase his stops by closing his mouth. I'm willing to bet he doesn't do this during an OJS.

Place me on your Ignore List.

Marne Vet

Alright, man. Usually, I find your stories funny and believable. But, seriously? If this actually happened, you would seriously stand there and argue with the person?

It happened. Believe it, or don't believe it. Didn't "argue" with her at all. We had a short conversation where I tried to explain to her how pointless it was to re-sign. The one minute+ I wasted didn't hurt the precious "numbers". Relax Captain center manager.

Is this what you really do all day long? A 'normal' driver would give the customer a blank "you're stupid" stare and go about their day. I don't for a moment believe that you stood there and tried to convince her of what you described in your story.

Maybe you had one too many whiskeys this time during your brainstorming session.

Yeah, every single stop. *sigh* You nailed it genius. That's what I do. Stand there and be the not-so-normal driver who points out others stupidity to them because I just don't understand how daft people can be. Kinda like I'm doing now. Maybe this response will inspire a future thread called "Retarded Comments Made By BC Members". Get ready to sign those autographs after I make you famous.

FilingBluesFL

My son and I share the same first and last names but have different middle names. We didn't think about this at the time but it is not a good idea to do this as it could cause issues with your credit and potential errors on both of your credit reports.

And I'm sure in America where there's millions of people, the potential for someone else to have same first and last name doesn't exist...

There's a lady on one of the routes I do, whose name is Carol Christmas... and she's a second or third. I don't know why someone decided to continue the torture with her, but they did.

laffter

It happened. Believe it, or don't believe it. Didn't "argue" with her at all. We had a short conversation where I tried to explain to her how pointless it was to re-sign. The one minute+ I wasted didn't hurt the precious "numbers". Relax Captain center manager.

An argument is not implicitly hostile, it can be a form a debate. She did not see it the way you did and you felt it necessary to explain why she was wrong. That's an argument.

Nobody mentioned numbers, except you, just now. Unless we're talking about IQ, which this may have hurt.

Yeah, every single stop. *sigh* You nailed it genius. That's what I do. Stand there and be the not-so-normal driver who points out others stupidity to them because I just don't understand how daft people can be. Kinda like I'm doing now.

I know I'm introverted, at least to some extent. I won't spark conversations with most people. So, I know I can't relate to most drivers or even most people on this forum. But dude, really? You're paid really good money to do this job. If you're gonna spend time talking to people, talk to the ones worth talking to, not the ones who might be screwing their cousins.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
There's a lady on one of the routes I do, whose name is Carol Christmas... and she's a second or third. I don't know why someone decided to continue the torture with her, but they did.

My favorite was a guy named William Williams Jr.

Really? Are you that dumb you can't think of ANYTHING better?

FilingBluesFL

My favorite was a guy named William Williams Jr.

Really? Are you that dumb you can't think of ANYTHING better?

Our brain dead button-pushers in the back ( some people call them the PAL applicators) are so bored with their job, that they will collect PAL labels during their work shift, and compare the ridiculous names they find.

Marne Vet

...I know I'm introverted, at least to some extent. I won't spark conversations with most people. So, I know I can't relate to most drivers or even most people on this forum. But dude, really? You're paid really good money to do this job. If you're gonna spend time talking to people, talk to the ones worth talking to, not the ones who might be screwing their cousins.

Nope. Just to put me on your Ignore List and forget about how I handle myself on a daily basis. Your option Champ. Make it happen so we don't have to debate this any further. I'm not [here] to make friends, or conform to others opinions. So that leaves us with a conundrum. You can read what I post and realize that I don't give **** about anyones criticisms of it, or you can put me on your Ignore List and do like Happy Gilmore and find that happy place. I deal with stupid people by wasting my time explaining simple shlt to them. Like now, but wearing a smile and a chubby while at work.

Click on "The Dude", find "Ignore User", and click on it. BAM! Happy dance bro.

laffter

Nope. Just to put me on your Ignore List and forget about how I handle myself on a daily basis. Your option Champ. Make it happen so we don't have to debate this any further. I'm not [here] to make friends, or conform to others opinions. So that leaves us with a conundrum. You can read what I post and realize that I don't give a flying :censored2: about anyones criticisms of it, or you can put me on your Ignore List and do like Happy Gilmore and find that happy place. I deal with stupid people by wasting my time explaining simple shlt to them. Like now, but wearing a smile and a chubby while at work.

Click on "The Dude", find "Ignore User", and click on it. BAM! Happy dance bro.

It was nice talking to you (meh).

Good luck with your life, "bro".

Cementups

Box Monkey
Technically, we are not suppose to hand the DIAD over to the customer, that is why the board is signed like it is. I bet nobody does this.

We have one in our center. This driver WILL NOT let the customer hold it on their own. Like a death grip too from what customers have told me.

jaker

trolling
My name is the only one in the US , but then again there are a lot of blacks who are the only ones in the US with their names