Funny Picture

upsgrunt

While I can't speak for Ground, when I was at UPS our center was averaging about
10-15 accidents a month(30 routes)

At my "station" with Express, we have 10 routes, and haven't had a single incident
in 8 months. I think alot can be said for stress levels, and work load..

Of course I can't imagine how something like the picture above could happen.
then again it is "Ground"

10-15 accidents a month on 30 routes? Sorry, but I don't believe that. That is a frequency that UPS would not put up with.

In our district they would have sups from all over come in and ride with every driver for retraining on safe work methods and the five seeing habits. We would also have a new center manager and prolly a couple of new ft sups.

HazMatMan

fedex_tipped-jpg.15361

Input funny caption...

"I'm not lying...the guy says the receiving door was this side of the building.."

Was this avoidable????

govols019

You smell that?
I too would like to know how that happened. Maybe the truck was hit on the driver side by another vehicle causing it to go over like that?

pkgdriver

I too would like to know how that happened. Maybe the truck was hit on the driver side by another vehicle causing it to go over like that?

I saw the pictures of this accident 2-3 years ago. There were about 10 pictures of the truck from different angles/positions. If I remember correctly parking break wasn't used/ or disengaged and the vehicle rolled down an hill/incline. It was on a college campus I think and there were windows of the dorm or class room on that side of the building. I may have the link somewhere if I stumble across it it will post.

pkgdriver

BINGO SD!!!!

I am constantly amazed at the FedEx drivers I see around town and their driving habits. One driver in particularly that noses his truck into every delivery stop. Only a matter of time till he backs that thing out into traffic and crushes someone that is not paying attention to him.

Yep they almost always nose in. I guess they dont learn. One nosed into a very tight pkg lot with 3 doctors offices a few years ago. Flew out after the stop and backed over a 60 ish lady. it was fatal. Express does a lot better job in their safe driving skills than ground IMO

over9five

Staff member
10-15 accidents a month on 30 routes? Sorry, but I don't believe that. That is a frequency that UPS would not put up with.

No offense to Fredly, but I thought the same thing as Grunt. That is a staggering amount of accidents to have monthly.

Lobofan5

MY GOD I would HATE to have to call something like that in!!!!!

ME..."insert lame story of what happened"

UPS..."insert many curse words and some sort of mumbling about "fired" in between said curse words....

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
hey boss !!! a funny thing happened to me while i was scanning my guages and mirrors every 5 to 8 seconds and thinking about my 10 point commentary!!!!!!
:sick::funny::funny::funny:

FromBluetoBrown

I like how the driver is back there smiling and laughing with the cops. I dont get what the guy with the tux holding up a blender has to do with it?

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Wow...Thats got to be a roll-away accident. No skid marks.....

Yeah, that guy with the blender, seems out of place in the picture.