Future jobs

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
You think UPS will ever create positions to pilot drones en mass? I’d sign up for that in a second. Secondly, I wish it was an option to go into being a mechanic from RPCD.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
You think UPS will ever create positions to pilot drones en mass? I’d sign up for that in a second. Secondly, I wish it was an option to go into being a mechanic from RPCD.

What union are your mechanics in. We are IAM in my shop. Next state over the mechanics are teamsters, those guys can bid from driver jobs to mechanic but I think they have to pass 60 days or they disqualify.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
What union are your mechanics in. We are IAM in my shop. Next state over the mechanics are teamsters, those guys can bid from driver jobs to mechanic but I think they have to pass 60 days or they disqualify.
I know they are teamsters. Although I don’t know which union they’re in if not the same as I. Ooo, I enjoy a good UPS inquiry that hasn’t been asked a million times already. :smart:

oldngray

nowhere special
I just started drone mechanical school .
drone pilot.jpg

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Isn't the point of the drones that they would be unpiloted?
Correct what everyone is calling a drone is actually a UAV.
Drones are autonomous and are programmable. They follow preprogrammed flight paths. Operator turns drone on and it takes off to complete the task.
UAVs required a pilot to operate them.

Drones require zero operational input from a pilot once launched.
UAVs require operational input from a pilot.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Correct what everyone is calling a drone is actually a UAV.
Drones are autonomous and are programmable. They follow preprogrammed flight paths. Operator turns drone on and it takes off to complete the task.
UAVs required a pilot to operate them.

Drones require zero operational input from a pilot once launched.
UAVs require operational input from a pilot.
So who’s attaching the 24pack of water to this thing?

KoennenTiger

We have a guy who went rpcd to mechanic. I don't know why anyone would want to do that. If you don't mind working nights just go feeder