Future of UPS

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why would we cut pay? Yes I understand that's what happens but look at the driver shortage in America for truck drivers and we are the highest paying company out there and there isn't a line at my building begging for a job. The shortage is only going to get worse. Sent using BrownCafe App

UPS has to address the wage differential w/Ground and since we know they won't raise their compensation we need to lower ours. You will see a two tier wage system for new FT hires with a lower starting wage, lower top out and longer progression in the 2018 contract.

Browndriver5

UPS has to address the wage differential w/Ground and since we know they won't raise their compensation we need to lower ours. You will see a two tier wage system for new FT hires with a lower starting wage, lower top out and longer progression in the 2018 contract.
So I'm currently a cover driver. Lets say I go full time in 2019 do you think I would remain at 29$ when I go full time or would my wage drop with the new contract to that of what the new drivers would make?

upsman68

You said that for the last contract.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You said that for the last contract.

....and I was wrong but I do know that the company presented the concept during negotiations....

It doesn't matter to me as this is my last contract (I retire 7/1/18) but I firmly believe that there will be a change to our wage structure in the next contract.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Do we really know how much the wage differential is? Remember ground pays the contractors that own the routes also.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
i would say the union is self imploding (go to any teamster forum/website, the members cant even get along,and who can ignore the consistent embezzlement and 6 figure salaries). I have been on vacation, and ordering stuff online. Two of the sites i ordered from offered fedex ground ONLY, with a written disclaimer that UPS costs too much for the shipper to remain competitive. Its a matter of time, no need to pretend as drivers were that important, were not , UPS will need to cut cost at some point, or everyone is done

i would say the union is self imploding (go to any teamster forum/website, the members cant even get along,and who can ignore the consistent embezzlement and 6 figure salaries). I have been on vacation, and ordering stuff online. Two of the sites i ordered from offered fedex ground ONLY, with a written disclaimer that UPS costs too much for the shipper to remain competitive. Its a matter of time, no need to pretend as drivers were that important, were not , UPS will need to cut cost at some point, or everyone is done
As long as they keep raising the dividends, by 10's of millions every year.

DONT ask me for one red cent.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
What websites were those?

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
NOTICE: For the last 8 years, NEBS has not increased product or delivery costs. However, UPS had so significantly increased their rates to NEBS we had no choice but to pass some of the additional costs on to our customers. Also, effective immediately we are offering our customers a choice between using FedEx or UPS (Note: Recently UPS has significantly increased prices and thus we recommend using FedEx). At present, just tell us in the comments section which carrier you would like to use. Additionally, we believe that our shipping rates remain the lowest in the industry.

The NEBS team would like to again thank you very much for your business.

Shipping Charges and Live Delivery

1-Day Ground Shipping (FedEx or UPS) assures live foods arrival only within zone 1 from Oak Hill Florida.
Note: All Dry Goods ship via Ground unless next-day is requested.

i was on about 50 sites,,this was the sediment on several.. I WILL HOWEVER FIND THE 2.. for you, and provide links...open your eyes

JL 0513

Pay cuts to those already at top rate will never happen. The only possible thing that could happen in a new contract is a pay freeze. And that would only happen if UPS could show non-profitability. Of course technically, a freeze is a cut when inflation continues. The one way UPS could manage compensation cuts is through the reduction of health benefit contributions. Either by making us start contributing separately or give us worse plans.