G-7 or G-8 - Trump continues his lovefest with Russia

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I don't believe any of the silly stuff about Trump colluding with the Russians but WTF?

The G-7 consists of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States which are all Democracies.
Why the hell would Trump believe that Russia be added back in?

I haven't heard a good reason yet.
Russia is not a Democracy and two other Democracies, India and Brazil, have larger economies.
China has a much larger economy but no suggestion it be added.

I just don't get it!

floridays

No good answer, and have given it no thought. Possibly because they are a former member and he wants to have better relations? I don't think it matters much anyway, just a lot of table dressing in my mind.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
No good answer, and have given it no thought. Possibly because they are a former member and he wants to have better relations? I don't think it matters much anyway, just a lot of table dressing in my mind.
It is hard figuring trump out at times.

Maybe just another tool to keep the others guessing .

floridays

It is hard figuring trump out at times.

Maybe just another tool to keep the others guessing .
It is hard, you're correct, the guy seems to get good results though. If I was a foreign leader I would think very carefully about pissing him off, I think that is a good thing, and I trust him and his team. Kinda nice to have a swagger again. Just my opinion.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
It is hard, you're correct, the guy seems to get good results though. If I was a foreign leader I would think very carefully about pissing him off, I think that is a good thing, and I trust him and his team. Kinda nice to have a swagger again. Just my opinion.
I agree.

I never even considered a Trump victory.
At first, I was enjoying the circus but he is getting results!

floridays

I agree.

He is, the man actually loves the country and it's citizens. It is really a shame he hasn't had one minute of peace or a minute to do anything without prior roadblocks. I seriously believe he could be a great president for all Americans. Everyone is flawed, the guy loves the country that has been so good to him however. Sad state of affairs these days. Just another opinion.

vantexan

50 years from now liberal historians will put his administration right up there with Grant's and Nixon's as the most corrupt. And Obama's will be the Golden Age of American politics. Doesn't matter how much good Trump does.

floridays

I agree.

No one did Old man, The man is made of steel to withstand what has been put on his table. Like him or not, the guy is tough as nails, and his heart is what I love. Trump is the man for the time, never thought I would ever say those words.

floridays

50 years from now liberal historians will put his administration right up there with Grant's and Nixon's as the most corrupt. And Obama's will be the Golden Age of American politics. Doesn't matter how much good Trump does.
Agreed, all void of truth. That's the it goes.

Box Ox

What do you guys really think is going on with Trump and Russia here? Come on. Putin has some sort of leverage over him. He knows Trump might not have much time left in office and is telling him he'd better do the Russia dance if he knows what's good for him.

Is this Republican Senator from Nebraska now a "RINO" too because he's not marching in lock step with Trump?

"U.S. Senator Ben Sasse, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, released the following statement after President Trump called for Russia to be reinstated into the G7.

"This is weak. Putin is not our friend and he is not the President's buddy. He is a thug using Soviet-style aggression to wage a shadow war against America, and our leaders should act like it."

Sasse Statement on Russia

floridays

What do you guys really think is going on with Trump and Russia here? Come on. Putin has some sort of leverage over him. He knows Trump might not have much time left in office and is telling him he'd better do the Russia dance if he knows what's good for him.

Is this Republican Senator from Nebraska now a "RINO" too because he's not marching in lock step with Trump?

"U.S. Senator Ben Sasse, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, released the following statement after President Trump called for Russia to be reinstated into the G7.

"This is weak. Putin is not our friend and he is not the President's buddy. He is a thug using Soviet-style aggression to wage a shadow war against America, and our leaders should act like it."

Sasse Statement on Russia
To answer your first question nothing. To respond to your statement, Putin has no leverage on Trump. Why you would make that statement is beyond belief. Actions have proven Trump to be stronger against the Russians than the previous president and his secretaries of state. Trump is a here for two terms, quit ***, you'll find it easier to deal with life.

Last edited by a moderator:

bbsam

Staff member
To answer your first question nothing. To respond to your statement, Putin has no leverage on Trump. Why you would make that statement is beyond belief. Actions have proven Trump to be stronger against the Russians than the previous president and his secretaries of state. Trump is a here for two terms, quit jacking off to your fantasies, you'll find it easier to deal with life.
Stronger against the Russians? C’mon. You act like this administration doesn’t have propaganda of its own.

Personally I think there’s a lot to the Russian collusion story. Setting that aside though, I would rather be aligned with the likes of Great Britain, France, Russia, Italy, etc. than with Russia, Syria, and Saudi Arabia.

This president is changing things. Not sure that alignment is a good thing. Truth be told though, autocrats and dictators do get things done.

Box Ox

To answer your first question nothing. To respond to your statement, Putin has no leverage on Trump. Why you would make that statement is beyond belief. Actions have proven Trump to be stronger against the Russians than the previous president and his secretaries of state. Trump is a here for two terms, quit jacking off to your fantasies, you'll find it easier to deal with life.

The entire world knows the American president is being blackmailed. And they're confident enough to joke about it openly.

el5y0g.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
Obama did it in public. Where was Trump when he did it?

Because whether you want to admit any collusion or not, Trump is trying to give Putin everything he wants. And that is not “America First”.
What you don't want to admit is Trump has been harder on Russia than Obama ever was.

bbsam

Staff member
What you don't want to admit is Trump has been harder on Russia than Obama ever was.
I would like proof of that.

Seems like Trump is in a hurry to roll back every sanction Obama ever had a hand in with regards to Russia. How is that being harder on Russia?

Add to that that when the Republican Congress overwhelmingly approved tougher sanctions, this president blocked them. How is that being harder on Russia?

What you don’t want to believe is that you are simply a little piece of the Trump spin machine.

floridays

Stronger against the Russians? C’mon. You act like this administration doesn’t have propaganda of its own.

Personally I think there’s a lot to the Russian collusion story. Setting that aside though, I would rather be aligned with the likes of Great Britain, France, Russia, Italy, etc. than with Russia, Syria, and Saudi Arabia.

This president is changing things. Not sure that alignment is a good thing. Truth be told though, autocrats and dictators do get things done.
Come on sam at some point you have to admit the guy can piss in the toilet
without pissing on his shoes.

Maybe not though. You... not his pissin aim.

vantexan

Obama did it in public. Where was Trump when he did it?

Because whether you want to admit any collusion or not, Trump is trying to give Putin everything he wants. And that is not “America First”.
What "in public?" A hot microphone caught the conversation by accident.

vantexan

I would like proof of that.

Seems like Trump is in a hurry to roll back every sanction Obama ever had a hand in with regards to Russia. How is that being harder on Russia?

Add to that that when the Republican Congress overwhelmingly approved tougher sanctions, this president blocked them. How is that being harder on Russia?

What you don’t want to believe is that you are simply a little piece of the Trump spin machine.
You don't think giving the Ukrainians defensive weapons that Obama wouldn't isn't being tougher on Russia? Putin was POed. The thing you guys never take into account is everything Trump does is being scrutinized and criticized from every angle possible by a hating media. Obama on the other hand had everything glossed over, soft soaped, and quickly moved on from by an adoring media.