Get a load of this one..

iruhnman630

Yep. The method (I remember as per the DIAD training) is to sheet missed and put in the remarks' field POSS DMG for possible damage.
That was the method they created so we can handle the situation ourselves on the road, yet every time we do, we have to justify it in a phone call to our sup.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
sheeting a damaged package as damaged would seem to be the logical choice but that particular scan then puts UPS as the responsible party in the claims procedure that can not be undone. 99% of the time the damage clerk will find the shipper at fault do to improper shipping methods and we then do not pay the claim, it is put on the shipper. that is why in my building all damages are sheeted as refused/didn't want with damage typed in the remarks. in fact if a damaged package is brought to me scanned as damage, as a return clerk I'm supposed to let an on car sup know so he can have the driver void out the damage scan and enter as refused. integrity issue? falsifying records? who knows. its there game and there rules to be followed at there convenience. why there is no "hold for inspection" option that would put the package in limbo and not come up missed or otherwise negative on some report is beyond me.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Corporate training says sheet up damaged as missed, with damaged in remarks column. The reason some of you are told to sheet as refused is to hide a missed. Gotta look good on those reports.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Corporate training says sheet up damaged as missed, with damaged in remarks column. The reason some of you are told to sheet as refused is to hide a missed. Gotta look good on those reports.
thats why there needs to be a "hold for inspection" option to sheet a damaged package as. puts an exception scan on the package without being missed.

Utahloader

Yes, I didn't actually select the damage button. Sheeted as missed. I actually took a picture on one of the diad trainings and showed my sup awhile back. It says if it appears damaged at all to sheet as missed. Imagine if every box that was a little messed up we sheeted as missed.. LOL