Get back in

vantexan

How hard is it to get back into FedEx as a rehire if it's in another state and you resigned in good standing? (3yrs ago )

I'm a rehire. When I was rehired 13 years ago I had to go through all the steps in the hiring process(courier test, background check, physical). Might be different now. Most likely you'd be rehired as a part-timer, and although you start at starting pay like a new courier, your previous records still apply, such as accidents. You should get your old employee number back. But consider that whatever you start at is what you'll roughly be making in 10 years after you factor in inflation. Considering the turnover I've seen you'd probably get easily rehired, especially since they don't have to send you to courier school.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm a rehire. When I was rehired 13 years ago I had to go through all the steps in the hiring process(courier test, background check, physical). Might be different now. Most likely you'd be rehired as a part-timer, and although you start at starting pay like a new courier, your previous records still apply, such as accidents. You should get your old employee number back. But consider that whatever you start at is what you'll roughly be making in 10 years after you factor in inflation. Considering the turnover I've seen you'd probably get easily rehired, especially since they don't have to send you to courier school.

If you are out over 2 years, it means going back to courier school. Why would you even want to come back? A lot has a happened in the past years that make it worse...a lot worse.

LTFedExer

If you are out over 2 years, it means going back to courier school. Why would you even want to come back? A lot has a happened in the past years that make it worse...a lot worse.
I agree things are worse. Simply put, FedEx has gotten away from the very things that got them to where it is today (or, I should say, 5-6 years ago).

Nebraska01

I was just curious because I had applied for a few courier positions in and around the Atlanta area and I had'nt got called back my former supervisor put me down as a rehire with an exception I think or maybe just as a rehire he checked yes in the rehire box I think I recall him saying with an exception either way I was just asking

Thanks