Quit after nearly 3 decades.

dezguy

Just finished my last day at FedEx. Nearly three decades with the company. Ten years ago, I would have had a hard time making the move but with all the changes over the past few years, I just don't see a bright future at FedEx.

We have seen nothing that would indicate the company is going to change so why bother sticking around for raises that fall below the rate of inflation and benefits being gutted?

I might stick around brown cafe, just to see what's going on, every once in a while but probably wo.t post much after this. Good luck to all you guys and gals.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Just finished my last day at FedEx. Nearly three decades with the company. Ten years ago, I would have had a hard time making the move but with all the changes over the past few years, I just don't see a bright future at FedEx.

We have seen nothing that would indicate the company is going to change so why bother sticking around for raises that fall below the rate of inflation and benefits being gutted?

I might stick around brown cafe, just to see what's going on, every once in a while but probably wo.t post much after this. Good luck to all you guys and gals.
Congratulations @dezguy. Why didn’t you retire? Too young? I hope you got a much better job.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Good luck, buddy.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'm still 12 years from retirement. Started at FedEx young. Moving on to a government job.
Good for you! I think you’ll be much happier in your new job. I know I really like the job I took a few months after retiring from FedEx. Plus, my boss is awesome. It’s fast paced but not stressful. Wait until your first December when it really hits you that you can actually enjoy the month instead of dreading it. Not to mention, your family will be happy to have a normal life in December.

Congratulations

whenIgetthere

Congrats! I retired about a year ago, and stick around to see what's happening.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
How did the union allow that to happen?
5AB0EBBD-0BD7-486E-A4A0-0F074A309F99.gif

Bro, you quit so close to top rate!

Jk man, congrats.