Get Ready...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I am talking about the future. I am talking about how here we are again, going into peak.. with business growing because of online orders and yet nearly 9000 upsers facing pension cuts. I am talking about our preload paying a little more for healthcare after an insurance provider shift, I am talking about lengthening the time to qualify for benefits.. and yet the business grows year after year in this new economy.

As a newish driver... what is my future going to hold? I really don't know. I know the old "work until pension" days are gone for most of the country .. but the promises are falling here at ups too.
Blame your coworkers for voting yes not ups. They are just running a business like every other company out there.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
My Black Friday & Cyber Monday purchases are way up over last year. Zero purchases last year and 18 so far today. As I sit here on workers compensation shopping away my thoughts are with my fellow Teamsters. Be safe out there!

PT Car Washer

I am talking about the future. I am talking about how here we are again, going into peak.. with business growing because of online orders and yet nearly 9000 upsers facing pension cuts. I am talking about our preload paying a little more for healthcare after an insurance provider shift, I am talking about lengthening the time to qualify for benefits.. and yet the business grows year after year in this new economy.

As a newish driver... what is my future going to hold? I really don't know. I know the old "work until pension" days are gone for most of the country .. but the promises are falling here at ups too.
And drivers making up to a thousand dollars for one days work. Yep, the sky is falling.

oldngray

nowhere special
The survey I found says Mn. ranks #33 out of all states in taxes with Illinois being the highest taxed and Alaska the lowest. I guess it could be worse.

Most of rankings are misleading because of differences in how people get taxed. If not income tax the government finds other ways to get your money.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Black Friday was down 10% so it's pretty much a wash.
Actually it wasn't. My wife is high up in the retail industry for a very big luxury goods company. It was considered a successful weekend in the industry. Although on line dominated, she said in store sales were up. But that was her segment of high end luxury goods.

She said overall, the industry is happy with the start of the holiday season.

Online will usually always dominate in store sales. People have an easier time spending money from their phone or iPad.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We ordered some rugs for the living room from Macy's, my driver is going to hate me in a couple of days. "Free Shipping" isn't, we still got hit with Residential and Oversize charges. If we had ordered at the store instead of online, they would have dropped the extra fees.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
My day was FUN FUN FUN....till I got to work and my dispatcher got me. I'm begging to think he's gay or he thinks I am because he has bent me over the last few days.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I was first non-van route back to the center at about 1930. There were literally hundreds of packages all over the place that did not make the cars this morning. Good thing we spent all that money on ORION and a bunch of 6 cubes rather than 10's and 12's and common sense.

Anthonysg0113

It costs nothing to have healthcare.

It might cost a tad more to use it but 90% of the part timers aren't using it anyway.
Everyone I know from FT to PT is using their health insurance. It's just a damn shame we(Union) are the reason ANYONE in this company current, or retired has insurance and the company gouges it.

Anthonysg0113

I was first non-van route back to the center at about 1930. There were literally hundreds of packages all over the place that did not make the cars this morning. Good thing we spent all that money on ORION and a bunch of 6 cubes rather than 10's and 12's and common sense.
Orion was money well spent.(Not) they aren't even checking trace or mileage during peak!