Getting Cut After Arriving

packageguy

first, if you came to work like you do everynight, and they did not tell you the night before which is 24 hours then you are entitled to your guarantee. Basically they have to tell you 24 hours before your start time if they did need you. Also it's in seniorty order.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

first, if you came to work like you do everynight, and they did not tell you the night before which is 24 hours then you are entitled to your guarantee. Basically they have to tell you 24 hours before your start time if they did need you. Also it's in seniorty order.

That is true up to a point--they have to notify you prior to start time if they will not need you, not necessarily 24 hours.

UPSGUY72

If you want to win a grevience you better make sure that they know and your steward knows that you are not voluntarily going home. On your way home call your BA and let them know too.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I don't think the Memorandum was intended to apply to situations where Management forces a part-timer to leave. It applies when the part-timer leaves voluntarily.

My and my local's interpitation is that it reads both ways If you show up on time and do not want to go home without prior notice you get paid.I would take it to panel if I had to.