Getting robbed!

It can be the worst if the driver is doing something he isn't supposed to.
Or if the supervisor has a hardon for him/her and is wanting to make the driver's life a living hell. There are some sups that live for that.
We had a sup ride with one driver they wanted to fire, at the end of the day the sup had written her up for 170 infractions of the work methods. Come on now no one is that freakin bad.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Our center had our last time study in 1999.4 yrs ago our sup said we would be losing some time because IE was allowing us time for manually writing down trk #s on paper when our ctr went on diad in 1990.he said we would lose a little time because of that.Turns out we lost an hour each and its been hell since.If u r more than 30 mins over our little sup highlights our name,1 hr over and he gets chewed on in one of his conference calls.A couple of the young guns still run and skip lunch to try to look good 1 had a heat stroke.UPS knows this is all a scam and the only real benefits they recieved was more overallowed and a guaranteed flogging at ERI time.The only thing I hate about the whole deal is that on the 3 days a year i have an 8 hr day,it shows me under dispatch -you have to have 9 hrs work to show 8 on paper.

JustTired

free at last.......
The Employer’s Vice President and the Union’s Co-Chair shall have the discretion to grant the grievant
double triple time pay for hours worked in excess of nine and one-half (9.5) hours per day and/or to
order the Employer to adjust the driver’s work schedule.

Double triple time?? So.....11.5 paid day = 2hours at triple time (6 hrs) doubled = 12 hours pay. That's how I read it. Coooool!!

The 9.5 Committee shall also have the authority to adopt guidelines to ensure that this Section is
implemented in such a way as to balance the Employer’s need to protect the integrity of its
operations with an employee’s legitimate need to avoid excessive overtime.

Just what would the definition of "an employee's legitimate need to avoid excessive overtime" be? Sounds pretty vague to me.

The language is pretty vague on many articles in the contract, always have been. I guess that's for wiggle room.

again sorry about the "double" not being lined through. It comes out to be just triple time for the time over 9.5 per day.

JustTired

free at last.......
The language is pretty vague on many articles in the contract, always have been. I guess that's for wiggle room.

again sorry about the "double" not being lined through. It comes out to be just triple time for the time over 9.5 per day.

Thank God!! I thought I might have retired a little too early.:happy-very:

Wiggle room? It sounds to me like the company could "wiggle" right out of any pay on that one. Sounds like it would be up to the company to decide whether the employee has a "legitimate need to avoid excessive overtime". Sorta like the fox guarding the hen-house, if you ask me.

outamyway

Wiggle room? It sounds to me like the company could "wiggle" right out of any pay on that one. Sounds like it would be up to the company to decide whether the employee has a "legitimate need to avoid excessive overtime". Sorta like the fox guarding the hen-house, if you ask me.

Legitimate to them is, you're either in a hospital bed dying or you're already dead.

The over 9.5 Committee consists of both UPS management and Union reps that make those determinations. So far in our center I have not heard of any being refused, but they sure take their time.