Getting ugly

whiskey

Hoffa saying him and Obama are going to "take them sons of bitches out" referring to the republicans, gave a green light to those longshoremen to create mayhem. Obama can take the blame as well. Standing by Hoffa's words.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm not saying they were right or wrong-----but I truly believe there is a storm coming. The middleclass (what little is left of it) has had about all they can take. Stock up on guns an ammo and can goods my friends---this ain't going to be pretty.

P

pickup

I'm not saying they were right or wrong-----but I truly believe there is a storm coming. The middleclass (what little is left of it) has had about all they can take. Stock up on guns an ammo and can goods my friends---this ain't going to be pretty.

Please don't give opening lines like these for Klein to expound upon

It's getting about time for a revolution.

U

uber

Hoffa saying him and Obama are going to "take them sons of bitches out" referring to the republicans, gave a green light to those longshoremen to create mayhem. Obama can take the blame as well. Standing by Hoffa's words.

Oh brother!

CharleyHustle

"The International Longshore and Warehouse Union believes it has the right to work at the facility, but the company has hired a contractor that's staffing a workforce of other union laborers."

? Are the workers the contractor hired in a union?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
"The International Longshore and Warehouse Union believes it has the right to work at the facility, but the company has hired a contractor that's staffing a workforce of other union laborers."

? Are the workers the contractor hired in a union?

One story I read (sorry, no link-print only for now), is the contractor that EGT hired is under Operating Engineers (IUOE) contract. But, the grain terminal is not in the jurisdictional area for that IUOE local. It didn't sound like any IUOE members actually scabbed, more like a way for EGT to cry to the media: 'Look! See! We hired a union contractor!'

MobileBA

When corporate America can tie up labor issues in court for years maybe the working man feels like there being walked all over. Remember Patriots dumped tea into the Boston harbor to protest taxation without representation. Time will be the judge of The Longshoreman's actions.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When corporate America can tie up labor issues in court for years maybe the working man feels like there being walked all over. Remember Patriots dumped tea into the Boston harbor to protest taxation without representation. Time will be the judge of The Longshoreman's actions.

With the Internet we can all judge their actions ourselves. Deplorable.

MobileBA

Deplorable until its your job outsourced to an illegal worker. Longshoreman have the contract for the port of longview. Longview leases the port facilities to EGT EGT hires anyone else but the longshoreman who have the contract with the port of longview. The court is set to hear the case next spring meanwhile longshoreman are idled with no work. Classic case of an end around and using the courts to destroy a union. Deplorable? What would you do to retain your wage and benefits or do do you think your over compensated?