Glitchy Diad/cradle

gman042

Been around the block a few times
At random times the diad will seize up and the scan function is disabled. It will not scan and you cannot perform a manual key entry. The only thing to do is reboot. I did that at least a dozen times yesterday. After about 5 time of rebooting, the navigation is disabled.
And then there are days that there will be no issue at all.
We have tried a new diad and a new cradle with the same result.
I am just wondering if this is typical with others experiencing the same or just a random occurrence. Or perhaps all this technology is rebelling and starting to show its true glitchy nature.

DriverNerd

Any issues I've had with glitchy DIADs have been fixed with a replacement DIAD. I've never had a bad cradle that affected the DIAD in any way besides not displaying the navigation because of a bad connection.

Ghost in the Darkness

DIAD freezes maybe 3-5 time a year. Reboot works most of the time, pulled battery off then put back on for the rest. If that doesn't work it prbly needs to be sent away for repair.
Cradles are junk, they are not durable at all. The devil lights come on (orange lights at the top) and the screen shuts off. Spend more distracting time trying to get it working than before just scrolling to find stops. Green charging light flickers all day. One cradle fell off the mount. Pins stick and need a lubrication especially on rural routes with dusty roads. I've had 3 cradles fail so far.

brown metal coffin

When the diad freezes and won't scan just take it out of the cradle, let it turn off by itself (usually takes about 20-30) and then hit the scan button and it should work. This happens to me from time to time. I used to reboot it myself till I accidentally came across the resolution. Hope this works for you.

JJinVA

At random times the diad will seize up and the scan function is disabled. It will not scan and you cannot perform a manual key entry. The only thing to do is reboot. I did that at least a dozen times yesterday. After about 5 time of rebooting, the navigation is disabled.
And then there are days that there will be no issue at all.
We have tried a new diad and a new cradle with the same result.
I am just wondering if this is typical with others experiencing the same or just a random occurrence. Or perhaps all this technology is rebelling and starting to show its true glitchy nature.

Ive only had one diad do that to me, and it did the same thing after 5 resets. I just told the lady in the office that it was a bad board and she wrote it up to be repaired. Hasnt happened since

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Are you talking about UPS tech?
Derp, nah... Marc found the FXG side: apple iPads and phones using Ground Cloud routing software

Ps, it's also happening to some of FXG zebra / Star V Scanner Cradles as well.

_20190911_041132-jpg.263611

Of course, it'll eventually fail after hundreds of docking per day...