Diad 6

onewithedd

When it’s bitter cold it’s scan and compete in cab, start truck and deliver the stop. 40 bucks an hour isn’t worth losing fingers to frostbite over a poorly designed piece of equipment.

I have pair of gloves with the thumb cut off but I start to lose the feeling in my thumb, to hell with methods.

brown metal coffin

Heres the unfortunate thing about the Diad 6 and the reason of the aggressive rollout without the bugs totally worked out. The five is an excellent machine and I believe superior but it runs on 3G and my understanding from one of the tech guys I talked to is that 3G will no longer be available by cellular companies within the next year making the DIAD 5 completely obsolete and basically a paperweight which is why they are retiring them. Unless they intend to send them out internationally where 3G will still exist.

AKCoverMan

When it’s bitter cold it’s scan and compete in cab, start truck and deliver the stop. 40 bucks an hour isn’t worth losing fingers to frostbite over a poorly designed piece of equipment.

I have pair of gloves with the thumb cut off but I start to lose the feeling in my thumb, to hell with methods.
Wait, you turn off the car when it’s bitter cold? I’m keeping the cab t-t-toasty.

AKCoverMan

Heres the unfortunate thing about the Diad 6 and the reason of the aggressive rollout without the bugs totally worked out. The five is an excellent machine and I believe superior but it runs on 3G and my understanding from one of the tech guys I talked to is that 3G will no longer be available by cellular companies within the next year making the DIAD 5 completely obsolete and basically a paperweight which is why they are retiring them. Unless they intend to send them out internationally where 3G will still exist.
Yes..but it was kinda presented to us as if UPS “just found out” that they were up against the wall to roll this out. Pretty sure 3G sunset been in the works for some time.

They are oozing money with $40/hr drivers stopped watching the spinning circle, and going thru the reboot process multiple times per day. I feel like I spend 30 mins a day cumulatively just backing out of the wrong stop that the Six feels obligated to open up at nearly every stop.

“Yes, for the love of God, I want to navigate away from this stop it’s the wrong damn stop, you infernal piece of 💩!!” is typically heard a lot on board my car these days.

AKCoverMan

He’s trying to not freeze to death in an Alaska winter. Telematics can eat a fat one.
Thank you DTD! When it’s that cold if I turn car off every stop it’ll never stay warm. I only shut down if I am at a commercial stop which I have few of. Most of my route is in rural area and I am not out of sight of the vehicle, it’s not SOP but when it’s single digit and below plus wind chill... sorry, keeping some heat on car is a safety issue,

Also a safety issue is trying to use the Six in winter as I can’t make it work with gloves on, During severe cold I have to scan on car, put on gloves, walk off stop, return to car, take off gloves, complete stop on diad. It completely destroys normal on car routine and every day is longer for it.

However frostbite to fingers can happen pretty quick so I’ll just do it my way.

TopsyKrets

$41.51
You guys say that when you sheet a package as closed, it assigns closed to every package in that stop. Is that every package assigned to that stop or every package you’ve scanned?

Overpaid Union Thug

What’s interesting is that DIAD6 actually works very well…….until UPS’s IT Admins push out the updates that include UPS navigation software.

Many of us were using these long before the dates our centers were due to “go live” so we had been using a basic version software wise. Once our IT guys pushed out that update things went down hill. That’s what causes the lagging and crashes. Mine kicks me out of the app or freezes at least five times per day.