Good for the UPS Side of the Family

MassWineGuy

It’s not perfect, but my home route’s UPS driver just told me that the huge part of getting A.C. in their trucks is that it’ll also be in the rear cargo area. You can die back there futzing around searching for a package. Of course, A.C. is planned only for 2024 vehicles and newer.

Yassuh! Thank you UPS suh! Faster, faster. More, more!

Thebrownblob

It’s not perfect, but my home route’s UPS driver just told me that the huge part of getting A.C. in their trucks is that it’ll also be in the rear cargo area. You can die back there futzing around searching for a package. Of course, A.C. is planned only for 2024 vehicles and newer.
1689874950072.gif

How are they going to get AC in the back?

It will be fine

The same way as every other vehicle on the road. Why do you think that there is some technical limitations. Ups just specs it without to save a buck
Are they installing refer units? That’s the only way you’re keeping the cargo area cool. The cabs won’t even cool down with AC. It’s giant waste of resources, the union should have asked for something that would actually be useful.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Are they installing refer units? That’s the only way you’re keeping the cargo area cool. The cabs won’t even cool down with AC. It’s giant waste of resources, the union should have asked for something that would actually be useful.
If they can keep a 53 foot long passenger bus cool with a regular ac then a package car is no big deal. We are not talking frozen food refrigeration

Guitarman01

That's one thing about the sprinters, they stay pretty damn cool in the back compared to the ups or FedEx ground trucks that feel like walking into an oven when you go back there. Going to miss the sprinters...

Thebrownblob

Yep. A whole new form of command and control. The only reason humans are still performing this type of hand labor is because the technology is not yet fully developed. But at the pace advances are currently making it might not be long until it is.
New form? We’ve had it for at least 15 years not really new, and the technology is pretty advanced. They know what I’m doing down to gnats ass all day You’ve been out of the game early long time.

bacha29

New form? We’ve had it for at least 15 years not really new, and the technology is pretty advanced. They know what I’m doing down to gnats ass all day You’ve been out of the game early long time.
When Fat Freddy was seeking to install it in Ground contractor operated vehicles at FXG that's when we 3 Day 1's seeing that the distinction between and contractor and employee would forever be in name only.... left.

Today following the out of court class action settlement leaving the contractor or employee question unsettled Fats will continue to capitalize on that lack of a clear definition of what is an independent contractor.

Thebrownblob

When Fat Freddy was seeking to install it in Ground contractor operated vehicles at FXG that's when we 3 Day 1's seeing that the distinction between and contractor and employee would forever be in name only.... left.

Today following the out of court class action settlement leaving the contractor or employee question unsettled Fats will continue to capitalize on that lack of a clear definition of what is an independent contractor.
1690116437468.gif

bacha29

Hey :censored2:, we were talking about telematics, did you eat paint chips as a kid? Ttku
Obviously you don't have anything remotely intelligent to insightful to offer today...or any day for that matter.
But let me try again.

The introduction of "black box" technology into contractor owned vehicles completely eliminated the few remaining vestiges of contractor operational autonomy afforded to the contractor at that time. Information forwarded in real time back to corporate regarding what the contractor was doing even though corporate had long since completely divested itself of all risk, liability and variable costs as it pertained to the vehicle and driver.

It would be as if I installed a "black box" in your car and stood in judgement of your actions while driving the car even though you bought the car, bought the gas and insurance for the car, and own the license to drive the car.

Thebrownblob

Obviously you don't have anything remotely intelligent to insightful to offer today...or any day for that matter.
But let me try again.

The introduction of "black box" technology into contractor owned vehicles completely eliminated the few remaining vestiges of contractor operational autonomy afforded to the contractor at that time. Information forwarded in real time back to corporate regarding what the contractor was doing even though corporate had long since completely divested itself of all risk, liability and variable costs as it pertained to the vehicle and driver.

It would be as if I installed a "black box" in your car and stood in judgement of your actions while driving the car even though you bought the car, bought the gas and insurance for the car, and own the license to drive the car.
Great this has nothing to do with your other nonsense reply. And you might want to take a look at the bevy of new requirements being pushed by the government to monitor and stand in judgment before you’ve done anything wrong, For your safety, of course.