Good for the UPS Side of the Family

It will be fine

Great this has nothing to do with your other nonsense reply. And you might want to take a look at the bevy of new requirements being pushed by the government to monitor and stand in judgment before you’ve done anything wrong, For your safety, of course.

It can be shocking how bad some of these drivers behave even knowing they are being watched. Even after catching them repeatedly they still act poorly. I’ve literally had to fire drivers because they refused to wear a seatbelt, it’s crazy.

Thebrownblob

It can be shocking how bad some of these drivers behave even knowing they are being watched. Even after catching them repeatedly they still act poorly. I’ve literally had to fire drivers because they refused to wear a seatbelt, it’s crazy.
Really no disagreement from me. Just do the damn job, correctly.

bacha29

Great this has nothing to do with your other nonsense reply. And you might want to take a look at the bevy of new requirements being pushed by the government to monitor and stand in judgment before you’ve done anything wrong, For your safety, of course.

You're the guy who jumped on the telematics (black box) issue. As a UPS slave you couldn't do anything about it. At FXG it was an organized company initiative (government had nothing to do with it) in an attempt to have it both ways. Maintaining the same level of command and control over an employee workforce while profiting from the benefit of the complete divestiture of employer liability.

Thebrownblob

You're the guy who jumped on the telematics (black box) issue. As a UPS slave you couldn't do anything about it. At FXG it was an organized company initiative (government had nothing to do with it) in an attempt to have it both ways. Maintaining the same level of command and control over an employee workforce while profiting from the benefit of the complete divestiture of employer liability.
Lol telematics don’t bother me. I don’t even think about them. I do the job right I get paid more. I often watch these FedEx contractors and there’s some of the most dangerous drivers on the road. Only to be out done recently by Amazon.

bacha29

You're not fooling anybody. You were ordered to fire them. That decision was made by the management forces who have total dominion over you. In addition to carrying their water you also clean up their dirty work.

bacha29

Lol telematics don’t bother me. I don’t even think about them. I do the job right I get paid more. I often watch these FedEx contractors and there’s some of the most dangerous drivers on the road. Only to be out done recently by Amazon.
Disparage and demonize them all you want but come next week they could be doing your job and could be doing it for quite awhile.

Think they can't do it? Then it would appear that you didn't bother to read the air cargo numbers Delta, United and American issued last week. So I'll have to do it for you.....DOWN 39%. Plenty of surplus capacity and plenty more can be brought on line quickly. Oh it's happening baby!. Only question is....does Obrien know it ?

Thebrownblob

Disparage and demonize them all you want but come next week they could be doing your job and could be doing it for quite awhile.

Think they can't do it? Then it would appear that you didn't bother to read the air cargo numbers Delta, United and American issued last week. So I'll have to do it for you.....DOWN 39%. Plenty of surplus capacity and plenty more can be brought on line quickly. Oh it's happening baby!. Only question is....does Obrien know it ?
Oh joy it always comes back to you being excited about the prospect of giant corporations winning because that’s exactly who you really are. You love to lick the boots of anyone in power your mesmerized by it, you despise the little people. While pretending you have some understanding, thank you for allowing my comments to Expose you for the fraud that you’ve always been.

bacha29

Oh joy it always comes back to you being excited about the prospect of giant corporations winning because that’s exactly who you really are. You love to lick the boots of anyone in power your mesmerized by it, you despise the little people. While pretending you have some understanding, thank you for allowing my comments to Expose you for the fraud that you’ve always been.
I simply read the numbers publicly traded companies are required to disclose. Your comments are a clear testament now that the heat is on and tensions will continue to build this coming week and don't tell me you're not feeling it

I told you before that I want to see your union get a good contract and in turn will finally be willing to materially participate and assist in the efforts to reestablish organized labor nationwide not just in your sheltered little world.

Obviously you're shocked at these publicly disclosed numbers. They simply reaffirm what I said about unused capacity and the ability of the economy to adapt to changing conditions.

If I were you I would be very much concerned as to how well O'Brien is tuned into today's economy.....or does he still think this is 1957 and he's the second coming of Jimmy Hoffa and can do whatever he damn well pleases.

Thebrownblob

I simply read the numbers publicly traded companies are required to disclose. Your comments are a clear testament now that the heat is on and tensions will continue to build this coming week and don't tell me you're not feeling it

I told you before that I want to see your union get a good contract and in turn will finally be willing to materially participate and assist in the efforts to reestablish organized labor nationwide not just in your sheltered little world.

Obviously you're shocked at these publicly disclosed numbers. They simply reaffirm what I said about unused capacity and the ability of the economy to adapt to changing conditions.

If I were you I would be very much concerned as to how well O'Brien is tuned into today's economy.....or does he still think this is 1957 and he's the second coming of Jimmy Hoffa and can do whatever he damn well pleases.
Your so fragile lol.

RangerMan06

All those airlines are union too. They're not crossing Teamsters.

bacha29

All those airlines are union too. They're not crossing Teamsters.
How do you define the word "crossing"? Do you actually think the Teamsters can shut down the airlines or the pilots union will organize a strike in support of the Teamsters?

Do you think the airlines will refuse to haul freight previously hauled by UPS, that they are going to continue to go flying around the globe with empty cargo holds while freight sits on the ground that thanks to a UPS strike they now have access to?

RangerMan06

How do you define the word "crossing"? Do you actually think the Teamsters can shut down the airlines or the pilots union will organize a strike in support of the Teamsters?

Do you think the airlines will refuse to haul freight previously hauled by UPS, that they are going to continue to go flying around the globe with empty cargo holds while freight sits on the ground that thanks to a UPS strike they now have access to?

Yes that's exactly what I think will happen.

Thebrownblob

And you're so naive.
1690126364782.gif

RangerMan06

And you're so naive.

If you honestly believe share holders are going to allow UPS to run their business into the ground by trying to break the union you are the naive one.

UPS knows they have it good, making billions in profit every quarter. They aren't going to upset the apple cart just to not pay PTs what they deserve.

If the day ever comes that UPS is not making billions then maybe they'll burn it to the ground... not today

bacha29

If you honestly believe share holders are going to allow UPS to run their business into the ground by trying to break the union you are the naive one.

UPS knows they have it good, making billions in profit every quarter. They aren't going to upset the apple cart just to not pay PTs what they deserve.

If the day ever comes that UPS is not making billions then maybe they'll burn it to the ground... not today
Institutional investors currently hold about 70% of all UPS public shares. They will respond if they believe that a new contract proposal would have the potential to cut margins and therefore their returns. The real battle will be in the boardroom when the directors representing those institutional investors weigh in on the matter.

Future earnings projections that will accompany any new contract proposal will be weighed against the current and expected increase in interest rates. When a institutional investor can get an insured 5% on Treasury bills that fact will be weighed against what kind of uninsured returns they can expect to get from UPS stock.

RangerMan06

Institutional investors currently hold about 70% of all UPS public shares. They will respond if they believe that a new contract proposal would have the potential to cut margins and therefore their returns. The real battle will be in the boardroom when the directors representing those institutional investors weigh in on the matter.

Future earnings projections that will accompany any new contract proposal will be weighed against the current and expected increase in interest rates. When a institutional investor can get an insured 5% on Treasury bills that fact will be weighed against what kind of uninsured returns they can expect to get from UPS stock.

Doesn't really matter who owns the stock. If UPS loses revenue, by losing customers because they don't have the necessary work force to keep the wheels turning there will almost assuredly be a massive stock dump.
Add to the fact that once these big union supporting customers leave, they're not coming back.
UPS will have to operate on a much smaller scale without a union workforce. They could possibly be more profitable percentage wise but not on the bottom line where it really matters.

BoxDriver

Don’t know. Don’t care. Reading this board is so much better with a few select individuals on ignore.

Attachments

• 41BE3526-4E75-44B4-BCCB-5EDC0FE93C22.png
    41BE3526-4E75-44B4-BCCB-5EDC0FE93C22.png
    628.9 KB · Views: 30