Good questions

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Any guesses on how much money was spent by the IBT on convincing us that we should vote yes?

The IBT General President doesn't need permission to do this.

When a Local or the IBT is running an organizing drive, who do you think pays for

all the literature that is used to sway potential new members into joining ?

The man was fired

If he was fired, he would be looking for a job. He was appointed and summarily removed.

My whole problem with this letter, it is a communication relating to the private business

of the Union and shouldn't be made for public consumption. Now, all the members can see

it as well as the general public.

It's politically motivated.... almost to the point of being a publicity stunt.

-Bug-

Time for change

When a Local or the IBT is running an organizing drive, who do you think pays for

If he was fired, he would be looking for a job. He was appointed and summarily removed.

My whole problem with this letter, it is a communication relating to the private business

of the Union and shouldn't be made for public consumption. Now, all the members can see

-Bug-
That’s fine that it’s legal but doesn’t make it right, and just another big reason this pos is getting voted down. Plus they shut down all member comments on social media then the vote yes blitz. Anger is rightfully mounting.

A

Article 3

-Bug-
"Fired" meant relieved of duty, asked to resign a post or office, and told "your services are no longer needed, you can leave".
I'm not arguing over the description of the word. I just believe the root of the issue was, to the folks watching from afar, that the company wanted him removed for obvious reasons as well as his wanting inclusiveness for all local leaders including Z. Poison pills abounded. Us little folks are not privy to the rest of the inner fighting. But we always vote by what we experience. Short sighted? Maybe. But the whole thing is a mess for being under the banner of "solidarity".

Time for change

-Bug-

Is there any dollar amount that would cause you concern regarding selling the greatest contract ever to the members?

Inthegame

Maybe Sean knew it was wrong then but needed the straw that broke the camels back? I highly doubt, matter of fact, I know there have been many other issues that lead Sean to break ties. It happens all the time in life, in politics, in the work place. What boggles my mind is having people that want to handcuff others into thinking a certain way. People saying Sean didn’t have a problem with this or that when he was with Hoffa, yet people didn’t have a problem with Sean when he was the pit bull for Hoffa either. 2 way street.
I don't have any problem with Sean when he is acting as a pit bull for the Teamsters. I still wish he'd been our lead negotiator. Had that happened I highly doubt any more info regarding the ongoing negotiations would have been released.
We will disagree on this but I see this letter as a clear political opportunity, more beneficial for his future interests rather than for members.
And what's wrong with seizing any opportunity to score political points?
Because he doesn't need to use cheap tricks, as he's better than that.
During an election cycle I agree. But right now, we're attempting to get a contract, not elect the next GP.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I don't have any problem with Sean when he is acting as a pit bull for the Teamsters. I still wish he'd been our lead negotiator. Had that happened I highly doubt any more info regarding the ongoing negotiations would have been released.
We will disagree on this but I see this letter as a clear political opportunity, more beneficial for his future interests rather than for members.
Because he doesn't need to use cheap tricks, as he's better than that.
During an election cycle I agree. But right now, we're attempting to get a contract, not elect the next GP.

Politicians have to always be campaigning. If they wait 'til campaign season, it's too late. I guess we'll see if this hurts or helps his cause.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
That’s fine that it’s legal but doesn’t make it right

Not to try and diminish your (or any members) concerns....

It's just not part of the equation.

Plus they shut down all member comments on social media

I don't blame them for that.

Who want's to listen to all the negative, redundant, and mis-information from

a bunch of keyboard warriors. The same people that back down from management....

Let alone.... would have the guts, to say it to an elected official in person.

-Bug-

Is there any dollar amount that would cause you concern regarding selling the greatest contract ever to the members?

I don't have any preconceived number in my head.

There are too many "checks and balances" put in place, for misuse.