Good questions

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Time for change, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Time for change

Time for change Active Member

upload_2018-9-17_16-18-52.jpeg

2. Time for change

Any guesses on how much money was spent by the IBT on convincing us that we should vote yes? Greatest contract ever doesn’t speak for itself?

3. Wontmake9.5

Wontmake9.5 My job is fun

I’m sure Ups will reimburse them if it passes.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  4. Time for change

Or they already chipped in?

5. Inthegame

Inthegame Well-Known Member

Where's page 2?

6. Whitelexus

Whitelexus Well-Known Member

Why do you park in a driveway and drive in a parkway?

7. Time for change

Sorry, here it is.

upload_2018-9-17_19-24-55.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Inthegame

Inthegame Well-Known Member

I'm OK with page 1, but page 2 shows inconsistency from SO. He made no complaints of the same or greater lack of transparency in the 2013 CBA when he was assistant to K Hall.

If it's wrong now, it was wrong then.

Kinda shows this is strictly political opportunism.

9. Time for change

I don’t care about his political motives when the content is spot on and this whole contract process has been botched by the IBT. Just another reason this contract is going down.

• List
  10. eats packages

eats packages I have depth perception issues

Of the three things I recieved. Probably $3 per member. $3 more than I needed though lol.
    IBT, western and local 162 sent out vote yes materials

11. Time for change

Sponsored ad blitz on social media wasn’t free either.

12. Tony Q

Tony Q Well-Known Member

Actually it’s all b Int don by Christy B and Todd T. If you can tell it’s not exactly a strategic effort.

13. Tony Q

Tony Q Well-Known Member

What makes me sick is just this. It was more than okay 5 years ago. No that we have an election coming so quickly (3 years away) it’s all changed. Playing politics with members livelihoods who don’t even know who you are is heinous.

14. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

More importantly, why does cargo go by ship, and shipments go by car?

15. Time for change

I’m concerned this failure of a contract has you drinking heavily.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

Not necessarily strictly political, sounds like he's asking questions a lot of people would like answers to. And what's wrong with seizing any opportunity to score political points? The current leadership has the platform to say whatever they want, and it's not political? If you hope to upset the status quo, you have to take whatever opportunity that comes your way. Seems like current leadership is creating plenty of opportunities...

17. wide load

wide load Starting wage is a waste of time.

Actually, it’s not. Trust me, I know their work. This isn’t their work. I still have copies of their work and others have email correspondence of such. Their work isn’t that good.

• List
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  18. wide load

wide load Starting wage is a waste of time.

Maybe Sean knew it was wrong then but needed the straw that broke the camels back? I highly doubt, matter of fact, I know there have been many other issues that lead Sean to break ties. It happens all the time in life, in politics, in the work place. What boggles my mind is having people that want to handcuff others into thinking a certain way. People saying Sean didn’t have a problem with this or that when he was with Hoffa, yet people didn’t have a problem with Sean when he was the pit bull for Hoffa either. 2 way street.

19. DELACROIX

DELACROIX In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Back in the day Ken H was badmouthing Hoffa one side and the other...Look were they are now...

20. Article 3

Article 3 Guest

The man was fired for trying to be transparent with the membership and for his openness to striking!
    So we are supposed to think he doesn't have a right to speak his mind now, again?