Goodbye HD dog!

STFXG

You don't have to order new uniforms or re-brand trucks; the Home Delivery signage is still OK to use. Just that going forward, no more HD branded items will be available for ordering.
Everyone is ordering now. With the next contract they are getting rid of the uniform ordering. We won't be deducted for them and we won't order yearly. Just pay and order ourselves when we need them (the way ISP does it).

In other words, if you think the uniforms are bad now just wait a year. Cheap contractors will have their guys in faded out rags.

We also won't have to get our vans washed at the terminal. We won't be deducted for that either and we will be required to wash them ourselves. No more weekly wash.

Sent using BrownCafe App

overflowed

Everyone is ordering now. With the next contract they are getting rid of the uniform ordering. We won't be deducted for them and we won't order yearly. Just pay and order ourselves when we need them (the way ISP does it).

In other words, if you think the uniforms are bad now just wait a year. Cheap contractors will have their guys in faded out rags.

We also won't have to get our vans washed at the terminal. We won't be deducted for that either and we will be required to wash them ourselves. No more weekly wash.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Sucks, but a billion bones can't come from just express.

CJinx

We used to pay for a company to come in and do a weekly truck wash for free but people complained too much about it(!), so we stopped doing it. Now they have to wash their own trucks. Some of them seem to think that "washing" just means rinsing the truck off and ignoring the undercarriage.

bbsam

Staff member
We used to pay for a company to come in and do a weekly truck wash for free but people complained too much about it(!), so we stopped doing it. Now they have to wash their own trucks. Some of them seem to think that "washing" just means rinsing the truck off and ignoring the undercarriage.
actually, washing it means whatever they want it to mean.

CJinx

actually, washing it means whatever they want it to mean.
I suppose it is just another corner to cut one's overhead but when the truck is now two-tone and rusted all to hell because the it was merely hosed down every other week, the contractor has no one but themselves to blame.

bbsam

Staff member
I suppose it is just another corner to cut one's overhead but when the truck is now two-tone and rusted all to hell because the it was merely hosed down every other week, the contractor has no one but themselves to blame.
trucks (unless aluminum) rust. All of them. Same models, same rust areas. Personally I'd junk it and buy new and consider it a win.

STFXG

We were paying fedex around $15 per truck every week for a pretty poor job that they contracted out. I can do a better job for $2 in quarters.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
"washing" just means rinsing the truck off and ignoring the undercarriage.

Why wash the undercarriage? So all that motor oil and grease can go down your storm drains?

Here, in CA, fleet washers are required to recover the water. They do it at our sta.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
How do they get away with leaving the bulkhead door open all the time?

Take pics and be sure that the asset ID (truck number) is visible in at least one of them. Send them to your area's FedEx security rep along with the date, time, and address. He'll pay a surprise visit.

whenIgetthere

One of the ground employees here drives around with all four doors open, including the rear cargo door. First time I saw it, I figured his cargo area was empty. The next time I saw it, I was behind him driving and could see most of his shelves were full of freight. But, he's an employee of a Ground contractor, so not sure it's against the contractors agreement.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
What does this all mean? I think I took a wrong turn on Brown Cafe. Now do I back up or find a place to turn around?
keep your hands where we can see 'em. we have appointed an attorney for you. His name is Juan Arguello Jesus Hector Salvador Ramirez Dirty Sanchez. Plan on being here a long long time.

And don't bother calling Greta VanSuffering.

Have a nice stay.

CJinx

One of the ground employees here drives around with all four doors open, including the rear cargo door. First time I saw it, I figured his cargo area was empty. The next time I saw it, I was behind him driving and could see most of his shelves were full of freight. But, he's an employee of a Ground contractor, so not sure it's against the contractors agreement.
It's their butt on the line if they lose any freight.