Google maps... editing markers

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
And E-notes is a deeply flawed system. It takes an act of Congress to edit information that has changed (think gate codes) or was entered in error in the first place. It becomes deeply flawed because the customer can enter (or have entered) information that cannot be edited and excludes courier entered information. It is even deeper flawed because when the engineer updates they system it erases what was previously entered.

But then that would take a programmer that can design the impossible, according to @59 Dano .

SmithBarney

And E-notes is a deeply flawed system. It takes an act of Congress to edit information that has changed (think gate codes) or was entered in error in the first place. It becomes deeply flawed because the customer can enter (or have entered) information that cannot be edited and excludes courier entered information. It is even deeper flawed because when the engineer updates they system it erases what was previously entered.

But then that would take a programmer that can design the impossible, according to @59 Dano .

BTW:The next time you go to an address, you can put new notes in, they will overwrite the old notes, I've actually done it a couple times this past week, didn't know if it would work, but the next day, they were there.

If your station doesn't have someone who does enotes, you can either ask.
or login keyword EOPS, find enotes, it'll tell you you don't have access, then click on request access, your manager will get prompted and will ask you about it, tell him what you need to, to get access.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
BTW:The next time you go to an address, you can put new notes in, they will overwrite the old notes, I've actually done it a couple times this past week, didn't know if it would work, but the next day, they were there.

If your station doesn't have someone who does enotes, you can either ask.
or login keyword EOPS, find enotes, it'll tell you you don't have access, then click on request access, your manager will get prompted and will ask you about it, tell him what you need to, to get access.
You can overwrite your own notes, but not the customers.

"Please deliver after 5:30 when I am home" can't be overwritten.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Ground has enotes access.. if that is what you are referring. They've marked stops closed, that we can't delete, and it affects Roads, Closed packages get auto diverted not to be seen until the next day, customers :censored2:.

II meant when I scan a box in my package delivery vehicle, I'll see something like this:

sketch-1550283569975.png

Not a customer request pop up...

sketch-1550283820786.png

SmithBarney

Our software is very different, we have three options for Delivery Prefs. Locating info, operational info, and deliver location(I think)

McFeely

Huge Member
Our software is very different, we have three options for Delivery Prefs. Locating info, operational info, and deliver location(I think)

Yup. Locating info unfortunately is the part where customer-entered info (please deliver after 8:00, on vacation until May 10) goes, and we can't seem to overwrite it from the PPAD. I have a couple I've tried to type in location details, but it keeps coming up with the customer's note that they put in for a package 5 years ago.