GOP Wants To Raise FT Status to 40 Hrs

vantexan

Who said FedEx is broke? The reason theygive us for smaller/no raises is always the same. 'We didn't make as much as we thought we would, so the raises will be smaller/no raises this year.

They didn't kick out LTFedExer. I forgot my password and had a tough time trying to reset it. But, I changed my avatar just for you :)

The 'new' stadium in Washington was named FedEX Field in 1999. I'm not sure what happened with the raises before that (I started in 2000) or with Roadway/Caliber (purchased by FedEx in 1998). I do know I haven't gone 4 years with no raise since starting. A simple Google search would have helped you with your facts.

No, you aren't familiar with what went on before. I never said FedEx bought rights to name a "new" stadium. I said they bought the rights to name the stadium. It went from RFK Stadium to FedEx Field. And we topped out couriers DID go about 4.5 years without a raise. The reason they aren't even giving the 3% raises they promised last year is Fred S told Wall Street Oct. 2012 that he would almost double profits by 2016. If I got it wrong on Rodeway my apologies. Thought they had bought out Rodeway Express years before but I may be wrong. On Edit: I was thinking of RPS, owned by Caliber, bought out by FedEx in 1998. For some reason I thought it was 1993. But still, they didn't just buy the rights to name the stadium because it's good PR.

Last edited:

vantexan

Who said FedEx is broke? The reason theygive us for smaller/no raises is always the same. 'We didn't make as much as we thought we would, so the raises will be smaller/no raises this year.

They didn't kick out LTFedExer. I forgot my password and had a tough time trying to reset it. But, I changed my avatar just for you :)

The 'new' stadium in Washington was named FedEX Field in 1999. I'm not sure what happened with the raises before that (I started in 2000) or with Roadway/Caliber (purchased by FedEx in 1998). I do know I haven't gone 4 years with no raise since starting. A simple Google search would have helped you with your facts.

P.S. Since 2000 we went a couple of years without raises and have had a number of 2% raises. As well as trimming back benefits with the killer being loss of the traditional pension. I believe in being honest, not taking one side because it's my political party's viewpoint. If the Dem's are right I'll say so. If the Repub's are right same thing. But I'm not going to gloss over their faults because in the end all the matters in this country is money and both parties will say anything to get their hooks into it.

!Retired!

It went from RFK Stadium to FedEx Field. And we topped out couriers DID go about 4.5 years without a raise
RFK Stadium is still RFK Stadium in D.C. The Redskins got a new stadium in Maryland that was named Jack Kent Cooke Stadium and FedEx bought the naming rights in 1999.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
FedEx Airlines is a tremendously costly enterprise. It's amazing that while we're perpetually "broke", Fred still finds hundreds of millions of dollars every year to finance a private executive jet airline for politicians. It's very difficult to trace the movement of private jets, which works in the favor of Fred and his political pals. So, if Congressman X wants to take his girlfriend to Aspen and leave the wife at home with the kids, there will be no record of it, and all the Congressman has to "pay" is a nominal fee, which Fred probably takes care of for them. It's well-known that FedEx lobbyists accompany these politicians on such flights. Wonder why?
I'm sure Fred would even go so far as to pay for politicians "female companionship" for the weekend. Guess where that would come from?

TUT

I have come to the UGLY realization that 99% of UPS Teamsters in my very large hub are basically Republicans. YES MY WELL PAID UNION COWORKERS MOSTLY SUPPORT THE RIGHT WING POLITICAL MACHINE THAT IS TRYING TO DESTROY THEM.:wink2:

Exactly. I get how they get confused, but people have to realize economy and jobs are right at the top along with rights. There are things that conservatives champion I agree with, but their basic premise, which they don't advertise but you have to believe by now that actions in politics are louder than words... right now the pendulum is going against the working middle class, to me that trumps the smaller things I see eye to eye with them, it's all about weight issues, they have pluses on smaller one's with me and negatives on greater ones, I then do the math, you lose.

If you are hourly you need protections imo. One side believes in them, the other wants to take them away from you. That has to be near A1 for every hourly, but it gets muddied.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yes Republican supporters are dumb enough to follow along for sure.

I have come to the UGLY realization that 99% of UPS Teamsters in my very large hub are basically Republicans. YES MY WELL PAID UNION COWORKERS MOSTLY SUPPORT THE RIGHT WING POLITICAL MACHINE THAT IS TRYING TO DESTROY THEM.:wink2: Its ****ing amazing to me that these idiots support the Republican corporate capitalist machine that is trying to make all states RIGHT TO WORK and destroy the chance for American workers to bargain for a living wage.

THE DUMBEST GROUP OF WORKERS I HAVE TALKED WITH HAS TO BE THE OVER THE ROAD TRUCKERS THAT DRIVE FOR CRAP COMPANIES THAT PAY THEM PEANUTS TO STAY OUT ON THE ROAD FOR WEEKS AT A TIME AND SLEEP IN A NASTY TRUCK. THESE IDIOTS LISTEN TO REDEYE RADIO AND WATCH FOX NEWS AND THEY DONT EVEN REALIZE THAT THE POLITICAL MACHINE THEY SUPPORT IS HOLDING DOWN THEIR CHANCES TO EVER MAKE A LIVING WAGE. ITS PRETTY SICK.

There are some things I agree with on the Republican side BUT HOW THE HELL CAN ANYBODY SUPPORT A POLITICAL MACHINE THAT IS TRYING TO HURT YOU ON A PERSONAL LEVEL?

There are a lot of idiots at FedEx that think the same way. They support a party that is the antithesis of their interests. That almost defines "stupid".

vantexan

There are a lot of idiots at FedEx that think the same way. They support a party that is the antithesis of their interests. That almost defines "stupid".

It's in the working man's interest that businesses do well enough that they compete for workers and raise pay doing so. Putting a leg iron on on the economy like Obamacare will insure a poor economy and lack of good paying jobs. Businessmen actually have to make money before they can pay you better. Or do you believe it grows on trees? And please don't tell me about how great the corporations are doing because I'm not talking big corporations with their McJobs.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's in the working man's interest that businesses do well enough that they compete for workers and raise pay doing so. Putting a leg iron on on the economy like Obamacare will insure a poor economy and lack of good paying jobs. Businessmen actually have to make money before they can pay you better. Or do you believe it grows on trees? And please don't tell me about how great the corporations are doing because I'm not talking big corporations with their McJobs.

OK, Mr. GOP, what about using our own beloved FWS as an example? Even in a great economy, he reamed us. Small Republicans want to be Big Republicans like Frederick. It's all about the money, not the way you get there. That's where Liberals part ways with Conservatives. We tend to care more about the road, not the pot of gold at the end of it.

purplesky

What the hell are you talking about? Wages have been flat for 30+ years. Long before Obamacare(Romneycare) came along. Healthcare costs for businessmen were on the rise big time long before Obamacare came along.

Thats why businessmen started pushing the healthcare costs on their employees and giving no pay raises and no retirement benefits to the working man.

ITS PRETTY CLEAR THAT BUSINESSMEN WHO MAKE MONEY OFF THE WORKING MANS HARD WORK AND DO WELL ENOUGH:wink2: ARE NO LONGER GOING TO SHARE THE PROFITS.

TUT

Yeah I'm not sure what The Affordable Healthcare Plan (TAHCP) has cost Fedex more. In fact reading it here, it sounds as another law with good intentions ready to start up and a company reviewing their own health coverage situation, raises their costs because that is what they want to do and then put blame on TAHCP, with no relationship to TAHCP, it surely hasn't cost any major company anything yet. And I'm not sure when it will, the only thing that is going to cost them more is if general healthcare costs go up once this thing runs a couple years.

vantexan

For the same reason every other company that has their name on a stadium, NASCAR team, golf tournament, etc has someone's name on it....advertisement.

Yes, FedEx, which heavily lobbies Congress for favorable legislation like getting the RLA exemption, bought the naming rights to the Redskin's stadium purely for advertising....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yes, FedEx, which heavily lobbies Congress for favorable legislation like getting the RLA exemption, bought the naming rights to the Redskin's stadium purely for advertising....

Fred also has a residence in DC, where he spends most of his time. My guess is that he thinks he accomplishes more via DC than through Memphis.