Got a warning letter. Should I grieve it or try to talk with management first?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
This is a way to lose credibility and respect.

try to resolve any issues with steward present. Grievance procedure is last resort, not first move.

WRONG! grieve any and ALL discipline. Failure to grieve makes Progressive Discipline much easier for management to get you out of the door.It's also harder to get someone's job back at panel as it shows the employee didn't take it seriously enough to file.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
WRONG! grieve any and ALL discipline. Failure to grieve makes Progressive Discipline much easier for management to get you out of the door.It's also harder to get someone's job back at panel as it shows the employee didn't take it seriously enough to file.
Grieving discipline is different then “grieving everything”

we have drivers that grieve everything and never win anything. Those who say “grieve everything” are never the ones who are willing to sit in front of management and labor in center levels and explain their grievance face to face. They usually chicken out.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!

we have drivers that grieve everything and never win anything. Those who say “grieve everything” are never the ones who are willing to sit in front of management and labor in center levels and explain their grievance face to face. They usually chicken out.
Grieve first and grieve often.
Management is the ENEMY

freehoodies

Might want to reread article 6.6. doesn't say you can't be disciplined. It says you can not be discharged.

Wait you keep changing your story. You said you didn't want to use a gas card so you filled up. Now you were given a gas card and told to deliver first and then come back to center? I'm so confused.

This isn't a court of law. Even if it was, saying it didn't cost the company money still doesn't mean anything.

Because you're supposed to confirm all your air before you leave the building. So that if you are missing any or can not find any. You can not be held accountable.

It's all about CYA. Cover Your Ass.
1. I circled the part i was referencing.

2. I probably wasnt clear enough, thats on me. I did not want to leave without a full tank or a gas card on me because I dont trust that i will get one sent out in a timely manner. Also that seems like a stupid thing to do. So if my tank isnt at least 3/4 full I always make sure i either have a gas card or I fill up before I take off.

I was told to fill up my tank and then to bring back the gas card before beginning my deliveries. It might have been the only one, I dont know.

3. It kind of is. There is a contract which is legally binding. We have stewards representing us like a sort of jailhouse lawyer. We have arbitrators for judges. Filing a grievance is like pressing charges. Theres alot of similarities.

But the point about not costing the company money is kind of a moot point IMO, just seems weird to announce that the current situation is going to cause delays, then getting pissed at me when there are delays. If I don’t get out there until 10:20 and i have 4 stops with 10:30 commit times and at least one is 10 minutes away from another (the actual situation) I cant get them all off in time. If i take an extra 5-10 minutes to make sure I have all my air before I leave then i risk missing all of them.

If thats what will keep my ass covered ill do it, no problem. I don’t want to be the guy always bringing little problems I should be able to figure out myself to management, but if I keep doing it eventually they will realize im on top of it and just leave it alone.

Just to clarify though, if im for sure going to be late to deliver an air (and ive already notified the center and covered my ass), do i still just run that out and skip everything else? I figured if its late by 1 minute or 100 it doesnt matter so I took the time to get the ground for the stop off as well so I wouldn’t have to come back. If thats wrong I wont do that again.

freehoodies

C45817B6-CBEB-461F-8345-A5E3BB4E28F2.jpeg

freehoodies

The DIAD clock is not GSP, telematics or a successor system the similarly tracks or surveils a driver's movements.

Try reading the whole article. You delivered air late because you were trying to deliver air and ground at the same time.
If i had not used prerecord the entire stop would not have been late, as i scanned the first package ahead of time. I did not know that hitting pre-rec would cause the stop time to change.

Since technically the air was not late, it was a recording error that made it APPEAR late, its a similar situation of the technology giving a false impression to the company which is being used against me.

Tracking movements is what the article was about, but since there isn’t really a section on what to do if an employee hits pre-rec, I have to make do. If the diad freezes mid scan and causes an air stop to appear late, and they write you a warning letter about not following methods, is there anything in the contract that would help you?

(Warning letter is grieved, stewards been talked to and the situation is figured out. This is all theoretical btws)

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

I grieve everything. Management will run over you,back up over you and run over you again if you let them.They are nothing but schoolyard bullys and tend to not waste their time and energy on those who know how to fight back properly. As far as "not winning" either your Steward or BA needs to step up and win these grievances

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat

Sucks for you. I art-37'd one :censored2: then nailed him touching packages. Here's what I got
1600359532376.png

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
You should never hit the Prerecord button before the commit time. We had a driver back up to a dock at 10:00 and started scanning over 300 NDAs. He got through at 10:35 and accidentally hit Prerecord before completing the stop. So the time stamp showed every one of them late and the shipper was entitled to a refund.
Was that driver you, with 300 years seniority

barnyard

KTM rider
do i still just run that out and skip everything else?
We were told specifically that if we are going to have late air, do not run ground. If the air is late, it should still be as early as possible. I was called on that after I delivered a NDA after a bunch of ground. It was a misload that I ran as soon as I found it. I had to call in to explain why I delivered ground before I got all my air off.

freehoodies

We were told specifically that if we are going to have late air, do not run ground. If the air is late, it should still be as early as possible. I was called on that after I delivered a NDA after a bunch of ground. It was a misload that I ran as soon as I found it. I had to call in to explain why I delivered ground before I got all my air off.

Alright, now I know! Thank you