Got bit two days ago

MAKAVELI

Its too late for that.
A dog that bites without provocation needs to be put down.
Next time it could be a little kid that gets his or her face torn off.
This was a dog protecting his home not some random bite in the street or park. I'm always watching for dog's on properties that I del to. Some dogs just have a natural instinct to be protective. It's the owner's responsibility to know their dog, its tendencies, and control it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
5a9c9b06693c9763404445.gif

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This was a dog protecting his home not some random bite in the street or park. I'm always watching for dog's on properties that I del to. Some dogs just have a natural instinct to be protective. It's the owner's responsibility to know their dog, its tendencies, and control it.
A dog whose “natural instinct” is to attack anyone that sets foot on the property is dangerous and needs to be put down.
A properly trained guard dog will only bite on command or if it sees its owner being threatened.

MAKAVELI

A dog whose “natural instinct” is to attack anyone that sets foot on the property is dangerous and needs to be put down.
A properly trained guard dog will only bite on command or if it sees its owner being threatened.
There are some breeds that have natural guard dog instincts. If you ever came across a kangal you'd understand.

MAKAVELI

https://barkpost.com/vicktory-dogs/
*Update April 2015: A few more pups have left this world, but still one of the most beautiful stories of hope, survival, love, and triumph.*

In honor of national Dog Fighting Awareness Day through the ASPCA, we wanted to feature a few pups who overcame all the odds and proved that these pups are not vicious killers– they’re just regular dogs who’ve been put through extreme circumstances.

The pups we’ve featured below are a few of the “Vicktory Dogs,” the dogs who were rescued from Atlanta Falcon Michael Vick’s dog fighting ring back in 2007. When the dogs were discovered in Vick’s home, many people said even though the situation was horrible, these dogs should be put down because of their obvious violent natures and killer instincts.

MVick5.jpg

Aerial shot of Michael Vick’s home with the dogs out back. Photo from Pilot Online

Organizations like the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary stepped in and tried to argue that there was still hope for these lost creatures.

michael_vick_sports_illustrated.gif

Almost 8 years later, the Vicktory dogs have some incredible stories of perseverance and hope. Best Friends Animal Sanctuary took in 22 dogs and set out to prove that these dogs could be turned around– they could live normal lives in cozy homes. Below are snippets about 9 of those pups, snippets that show the flexible, fiercely-loving natures that live inside every dog.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
These Were Michael Vick's Fighting Dogs. Where They Are Now is Beautiful.
*Update April 2015: A few more pups have left this world, but still one of the most beautiful stories of hope, survival, love, and triumph.*

In honor of national Dog Fighting Awareness Day through the ASPCA, we wanted to feature a few pups who overcame all the odds and proved that these pups are not vicious killers– they’re just regular dogs who’ve been put through extreme circumstances.

The pups we’ve featured below are a few of the “Vicktory Dogs,” the dogs who were rescued from Atlanta Falcon Michael Vick’s dog fighting ring back in 2007. When the dogs were discovered in Vick’s home, many people said even though the situation was horrible, these dogs should be put down because of their obvious violent natures and killer instincts.

MVick5.jpg

Aerial shot of Michael Vick’s home with the dogs out back. Photo from Pilot Online

Organizations like the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary stepped in and tried to argue that there was still hope for these lost creatures.

michael_vick_sports_illustrated.gif

Almost 8 years later, the Vicktory dogs have some incredible stories of perseverance and hope. Best Friends Animal Sanctuary took in 22 dogs and set out to prove that these dogs could be turned around– they could live normal lives in cozy homes. Below are snippets about 9 of those pups, snippets that show the flexible, fiercely-loving natures that live inside every dog.
I love dogs.
I especially love pit bulls.
I post 3-4 dog pics per week on the UPS Dogs FB page. So I am a total softie when it comes to dogs and I cry like a baby when one of my customer’s dogs dies.
But...there is a difference between rehabiliating dogs that have been forced to fight other dogs, and trying to rehabilitate a dog with a propensity to attack people with no provocation.
Pit bulls used for fighting are normally killed immediately if they bite a person, because their handlers dont want to get mauled. So the ones who get rescued usually arent people-biters and it is indeed possible to turn them into loving pets, although in many cases they will remain aggressive towards other dogs.
But dogs that attack people without provocation are another matter entirely. The risk they pose to a small child or an elderly person is too great. They need to be euthanized.

MAKAVELI

I love dogs.
I especially love pit bulls.
I post 3-4 dog pics per week on the UPS Dogs FB page.So I am a total softie when it comes to dogs and I cry like a baby when one of my customer’s dogs dies.
But...there is a difference between rehabiliating dogs that have been forced to fight other dogs and trying to rehabilitate a dog with a propensity to attack people with no provocation.
Pit bulls used for fighting are normally killed immediately if they bite a person, because their handlers dont want to get mauled. So the ones who get rescued usually arent people-biters and it is indeed possible to turn them into loving pets, although in many cases they will remain aggressive towards other dogs.
But dogs that attack people without provocation are another matter entirely. The risk they pose to a small child or an elderly person is too great. They need to be euthanized.
As long as I have been slinging pkgs, I have never heard of a dog being put down for biting a del person. Now I'll concede that if a bite turned into a mauling, I'd agree with you. But being a dog lover you have to understand, they operate on instinct rather than rational thinking, if not properly trained and/ or secured. Like I said before some breeds have a very strong natural instinct to protect. Those dogs and all dogs for that matter need to be properly trained and or secured by their owner's to avoid instances like this one.

twoweeled

1. Something bites my pee pee, and my day is DONE!!
2. I'm not sure where you are, or what the laws are. I say seek advice from an attorney.
3. Document the issue with the company and let them know it's dangerous, and you rather not deliver there anymore. (put the ball in their court) They now have to wonder about sending you into an unsafe area.
4. By document, I mean written to the company and the union! Get everybody's butt in there. Verbal documentation is no documentation at all.

I haven't dealt with this, so this is just my opinion.

Over 70

Seems dog discussions, like political and social issue discussions have a way of bringing out and identifying the crazies in the pack that you otherwise though to have a sound mind.

Joe UPS is a nice dude, has a nice house, and even bought me lunch before...blah...blah

Fast forward...convo about idiot, irresponsible dog owners....

"if you tried to hold my door shut, I'd punch you in the face and sic my dog on you :censored2:!!!!!"

The Driver

I drive.
Stupid kids let the dog out on me (for the 5th time) and this time the scumbag wife just stood there as I backed up ready to smack that dog on the nose with the DIAD. She didn't even yell out that she was sorry. I do not like people.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Stupid kids let the dog out on me (for the 5th time) and this time the scumbag wife just stood there as I backed up ready to smack that dog on the nose with the DIAD. She didn't even yell out that she was sorry. I do not like people.
You should have let the dog bite you then sued.

The 5th time? When do you learn?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Same dog 5 times

Sorry bro some of those might be on you