Got pension payment offer.

Indecisi0n

Excuse me, sir, can you tell me why my retro check hasn't come in yet?
Janice is working on a retro checks. Payroll is was backed up with all the needed corrects . It will come my friend I promise . As compensation UPS is offering one free vending machine voucher but it can only be used on the bottom gum row . Any purchase of white cheddar popcorn will result in disciplinary actions and lead up into termination.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
gipsee brought up a good point.......inflation.

plus if you took a lump sum now you would heavily taxed and penalized.

if you have the discipline and can get by without it now , I would invest/roll it into a good retirement account. I have had very good returns in the Vanguard mutual funds.......mainly Index funds like the S%P 500 and other index funds that decrease the risk factors.

that way your lump sum will grow by the time you retire. the miracle of compound interest is real. the last 40 years the average returns in the stock market has been 8%. with the rule of 72 , you money doubles every 9 years. you will stay way ahead of inflation.

we invested less than $150k total in the 401k during my career and now the total is over 4 times that.

that ain't chump change.

cmoll

Got my pension payment offer in the mail today. I quit UPS last year (moved to another state). Was there for almost 7 years, part time. The lump sum is a considerable about of money, and would really help me out. This may be a dumb question, but since I’m not there anymore, does the money keep gaining interest? The other offer they gave me was to take 400 and change when i turn 65. Will that number go up as the years go by?

Hey good morning guys I just had a question for you guys if you might know the answer I spent 13 years with UPS one for you earlier as a part-time pre-loader air driver in 12 years it’s a full-time package car driver I have not received a letter in the mail I’ve been out of UPS now for almost 2 years does anybody know roughly how much my monthly pension would be when I turn 57 or 65 and should I be expecting a letter in the mail

cmoll

Hey guys I just had a question for you I spent 13 years with UPS one year as a pre-loader air driver in 12 years as a full-time package car driver I’ve been out of UPS now for almost 2 years does anybody roughly know how much my monthly pension would be when I turn 57 or 65 whatever and should I maybe be expecting a letter in the mail

Indecisi0n

Hey guys I just had a question for you I spent 13 years with UPS one year as a pre-loader air driver in 12 years as a full-time package car driver I’ve been out of UPS now for almost 2 years does anybody roughly know how much my monthly pension would be when I turn 57 or 65 whatever and should I maybe be expecting a letter in the mail
Spam infraction issued .

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey good morning guys I just had a question for you guys if you might know the answer I spent 13 years with UPS one for you earlier as a part-time pre-loader air driver in 12 years it’s a full-time package car driver I have not received a letter in the mail I’ve been out of UPS now for almost 2 years does anybody know roughly how much my monthly pension would be when I turn 57 or 65 and should I be expecting a letter in the mail

why’d you get fired?

Shiftless

Interesting that people who were drivers, that for what ever reason break service with UPS and the Teamsters, yet still have the notion of getting a pension at an age younger than 65. Anyone know if there any cases where this happens when you remove yourself from any type of peer plan? I have never heard of any.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Interesting that people who were drivers, that for what ever reason break service with UPS and the Teamsters, yet still have the notion of getting a pension at an age younger than 65. Anyone know if there any cases where this happens when you remove yourself from any type of peer plan? I have never heard of any.
Ours doesn't have a peer plan. Years of service, accrual rate and age are calculated. Percentage drop each year under age 60.