Gov healthcare

klein

Für Meno :)
Why some doctors want private clinics... simple : they only get paid $30 from the goverment for a patient visit. Thats not enough.
Hospitals and facilties are spreded thru out the world, and yes, some american institutes, are totally specialized in a certain illness. If you have money, sure, go to the best.
On the other hand, americans flock here for some healthcare services as well, Like stemcell research..... it's forbidden in the states.... Micheal J Fox came back home for stem cell treatment, and is asking the american goverment to implement it as well. But, it's on death ears.
Depends what you need, I guess. Enough money in your pocket will get anything you need, maybe even a clone of yourself ! Anmd people can travel and pay, wherever the best clinic in the world may be.
Why do rich amercians pay millions to go up into space, thru Russia ? The list goes on.

P

pickup

Well, here is a Canadian. But, thinking you don't have to have national healthcare like ours (even though it's proven to be the worlds best).
But, did you Americans know, you're the only country in the enetire western world, that doesn't have national healthcare ????
That is soo stupid ! As stupid as having a beer when you are still subject to ups's rules?
People lose homes, lose lives, because they have no insurance.
Walk in clinics, they are open almost 24 hrs a day here. I can go in , anytime. No charge.

You americans need healthcare reform. The working don't want it, ofcourse not, company pays for it. But, wait , where does the company get the money from ? - Think of that... everyone pays for it.

You also need metric system ! Everything is metric, your space program, the ml, and miligrams of medication you get.
Get with the rest of the world finally ! And that includes National Healthcare !

klein

It;s called Freedom , eh ? Do you think we have a "berlin wall" around this country, you think we can't still still chose private clinics, or go elsewhere for treatment ?
Ofcourse we can. Thats the big debate, because you seem to look north, and then hear all the bad news, all of us dying here, or seeking treatment in the states. As far as I know we have a longer lifespan then you in average.
Freedom is also guncontrol. It's very difficult for us to aquire guns here. You certainly won't see a gun in a pawnshop here !
Freedom is also same sex marriages.... we have that here...countrywide, whats your problem ?
Freedom is abortion, also counrtywide here, why is that even an issue there ?
And freedome is healthcare for everyone here. Regardless of age or income, race or employement.
Everyone gets treated equally.
Something the states always hisitated in doing.
You were an apartheid in the 1960's (our generation)... !!
It took you a long time to accept everyone should be treated equally !

P

pickup

It;s called Freedom , eh ? Do you think we have a "berlin wall" around this country, you think we can't still still chose private clinics, or go elsewhere for treatment ?
Ofcourse we can. Thats the big debate, because you seem to look north, and then hear all the bad news, all of us dying here, or seeking treatment in the states. As far as I know we have a longer lifespan then you in average.
Freedom is also guncontrol. It's very difficult for us to aquire guns here. You certainly won't see a gun in a pawnshop here !
Freedom is also same sex marriages.... we have that here...countrywide, whats your problem ?
And freedome is healthcare for everyone here. Regardless of age or income, race or employement.

[video=youtube;nYSYipouABI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSYipouABI[/video]

klein

Good one ! You even balmed Canada for the 9/11 attacks that happened.. that they came within Canada. Was totally NOT true ! Not one of them came thru the northern boarder ! But once said, it sticks.

tourists24

wait a minute,,, just a couple of posts ago you said "I got no other choice, that's how our system works".
I'll be the first to admit, the government steps in more and more everyday to take our freedoms away bit by bit... some of your arguements make no sense though.

Freedom is not healthcare for everyone. Choice is. You are offered no alternative to what the government says you can do.

How in the world is gun control freedom? Every law that restricts it slowly eats at that freedom. Maybe you need to tell this to Ted Nugent and tell him how freedom and gun control go together...lol

Same sex marriage isnt freedom. Those people are free to marry anyone of the opposite sex they wish; just like every American. Of course I dont like the government involved with marriage anyway; none of their business who is with who.

Abortion? If you think killing is ok then I will agree with you. It is not freedom just because you want someone dead.

You have things completely backwards.... how is government involvement in anything GIVING you freedom... no it simply gives you comfort (at a price) and a security blanket

brett636

!

I won't spend too much of my precious time replying to you since your a troll, but when did government control = freedom? Sounds like you are already living in a world like that of 1984. :knockedout:

klein

ok, am I wrong here ? that California has ruled same sex marriages are illegal ? Where's freedom in that ?
Abortion again ? It;s up to me (if I was pregant), if I wanted to keep it or not, thats freedom.
I don't know what healthcare has to do with freedom. We have it, that simple.
We can chose, just like you, to go to a doctor or not. Just we don't pay for it.
If we think service is better somewhere esle, yes we may travel abroad... and guess what.? We don't pay the whole bill , either !
We only pay the difference of that what the procedure would have costed inCanada, and what it costed elsewhere. That difference will be paid by the patient. Not the whole bill !
I think thats freedom !
And again, Stemcell research, if I needed my muscles to work again. or bones.. like Michael J Fox (born here in Edmonton)... why not? He can't get help for MS in the states, so he comes here, but he is fighting for you, to get that freedom there as well !
Our goverment rules very little. It;s against the charter of rights.
So is the death sentence, against charter of rights.
Even healthcare is a part of charter of rights here.
Trust me , we have more rights then americans. Meaning more freedom.
Just, odd things like guncontrol are in place, to make it a safer society. So is drinking and driving and all that kinda stuff.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Klein....you don't live in CA. so don't be opining about how we vote. The vote went against same sex marriages....yep, just like I voted!!!!

klein

Why not let them ? They are going to be together anyways !!! And then they might not screw around with others like they do (and less aids)... besides, let them pay lawyers for divorces, like "normal" citizens do !
They will learn marriage isn't as great as they thought it was.
But, it should be thier own right. Thier freedom of choice.

brett636

ok, am I wrong here ? that California has ruled same sex marriages are illegal ? Where's freedom in that ?
Abortion again ? It;s up to me (if I was pregant), if I wanted to keep it or not, thats freedom.
I don't know what healthcare has to do with freedom. We have it, that simple.
We can chose, just like you, to go to a doctor or not. Just we don't pay for it.
If we think service is better somewhere esle, yes we may travel abroad... and guess what.? We don't pay the whole bill , either !
We only pay the difference of that what the procedure would have costed inCanada, and what it costed elsewhere. That difference will be paid by the patient. Not the whole bill !
I think thats freedom !
And again, Stemcell research, if I needed my muscles to work again. or bones.. like Michael J Fox (born here in Edmonton)... why not? He can't get help for MS in the states, so he comes here, but he is fighting for you, to get that freedom there as well !
Our goverment rules very little. It;s against the charter of rights.
So is the death sentence, against charter of rights.
Even healthcare is a part of charter of rights here.
Trust me , we have more rights then americans. Meaning more freedom.
Just, odd things like guncontrol are in place, to make it a safer society. So is drinking and driving and all that kinda stuff.

I have a lot of things I could say to this, but it will all fall on deaf ears. Plus fortunately for me I have the sense to stay away from alcohol on company time therefore I have a job I must get ready to go to. So I must bid farewell.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

Step back!
Michael J Fox is living with Parkinson's.
Michael J Fox does not have Multiple Sclerosis.

:knockedout:

klein

Its a fantastic system there in France... just sadly enough, it's not working profitable. $13.5 billion in debt and growing. They are just too generous.
I woked in Germany, every month about $200.00 was deducted from your paycheck for healtcare... They didn't mention, how much it is in France, but probably just as much. (this was 1987, back then) !

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Apology accepted.

The issue is not which is better.
The issue is having the ability to make choices about the direction of your health care or your child's health care with your doctor.
The issue is having the freedom to seek second opinions.
The issue is making choices outside what the "health insurance provider" may cover and accepting responsibility for those bills.

I

klein

oh aj.. we get second opinions all the time. We can chose to which doctor we want to go to. To which hospital (normally we pick someone close).
Working with UPS, getting off work at 19:30 or 20:00 hrs... I had to see a doc twice after hrs. Ofcourse by then, only walk in clinics are open. But, I would chose one, on the road leading home.
If we wanna go outside the haelthcare provider, we can do that too !
Our goverment has a socalled bluebook, for procedures.
Lets say to fix a broken leg is $2500.00. It's paid for in any public clinic.
If I chose to go private, or to the states. I will get reimbused the $2500.00, but anything more then that, I need to foot the bill.
We have a choice. You should chat more with Canadians.
We don't get told , which doctors to see, which hosptal to go to, or anything like that.
Plus, with the national healthcare card, it does carry your medical records for the past.
It can act as a safeguard at times (if someone has been treated for this and that in the past )...even if I'm out of town, out of state.. my medical record is basically stored with my card.
My uncle in Milwaukee, he doesn't want national healthcare, either. For 1 big reason. He doesn't think it's fair, he works his life away, while others do nothing, and get healthcare paid, basically by the working population.
But, you know what, thats life. You pay for them no matter what. If it;s welfare, or food stamps or subsidize housing.