GPS for Drivers?

EZPZ

I heard that drivers are going to be getting a New Diad with GPS soon is this true? I'll be driving sometime early next year. It wouldn't really bother me either way. Just curious as to what I should expect.

Also I'm assuming I'll be a 22.4 how :censored3: am I? XD

Our center already has this. They replaced the RDO button with map nav. It shows a :censored2:ty map on how to get to your next few stops. Sometimes it’s helpful to see the number breaks on a street.

Brisket

Our center already has this. They replaced the RDO button with map nav. It shows a :censored2:ty map on how to get to your next few stops. Sometimes it’s helpful to see the number breaks on a street.

Don’t forget the massive battery drain if you use it a lot.

JL 0513

That's its main benefit. When the next stop is on the next intersecting road, it makes it easier to know whether to go left or right when you don't know the number breaks. It's no navigation device though.

Arch

Can you MapNav a misload? I never tried it. I had one that was 9 miles away the other day.

I always used Google Maps because the great thing about it is that it shows you a picture of what that place looks like. You will be able to determine if the misload is a business or not.

Delivery!!!

Can you MapNav a misload? I never tried it. I had one that was 9 miles away the other day.

I always used Google Maps because the great thing about it is that it shows you a picture of what that place looks like. You will be able to determine if the misload is a business or not.
No. But you can map nav stops given to you if helping another driver.

oldngray

nowhere special

Google Maps is a good tool but you can't let it become a crutch to find every stop. Its not 100% accurate anyway.

GenericUsername

Actually, if you sheet the misload and send it in, the center can send the misload back to your board under the route that it was supposed to be on and you can use the map that way.

You can also use the map without it being in the cradle inside the truck. You can zoom out of the map, get a turn by turn look similar to what mapquest used to let you print out. While it's in the cradle, it charges and doesn't kill your battery. It does beep at you when you're about 200 feet away from your stop (though very lightly) then does a louder beep when you're at your stop.

Most people hate the map navigation, but on Saturdays I use the hell out of it. I don't know where a lot of the stops are so I just follow Orion 100% until I get to an area I know and then just work normally. It makes the job pretty brainless as long as you keep your eye on the road more than the diad.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I use the stars and the moon.
Lol Ha ha ha Haha lol...

Jackass-e1357316562286.jpeg