GPS for Drivers?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by EZPZ, Oct 29, 2018.

1. EZPZ

EZPZ New Member

I heard that drivers are going to be getting a New Diad with GPS soon is this true? I'll be driving sometime early next year. It wouldn't really bother me either way. Just curious as to what I should expect.

Also I'm assuming I'll be a 22.4 how :censored3: am I? XD

2. LeftRS1

LeftRS1 One of those Millennials Drivers

Sounds like an in cab distraction.

3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I use the stars and the moon.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. brostalss

brostalss Well-Known Member

They can aready track the driver. Provided he has his DIAD with him. I was told it's an accuracy of within 50 feet

5. The Howling

The Howling New Member

Our center already has this. They replaced the RDO button with map nav. It shows a :censored2:ty map on how to get to your next few stops. Sometimes it’s helpful to see the number breaks on a street.

6. Brisket

Brisket Well-Known Member

Don’t forget the massive battery drain if you use it a lot.

7. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

That's its main benefit. When the next stop is on the next intersecting road, it makes it easier to know whether to go left or right when you don't know the number breaks. It's no navigation device though.

8. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Great time to add the new power cradles, right when they are adding new DIADs that won’t fit.

9. The Howling

The Howling New Member

Exactly. If you use it a lot it smokes your battery.

10. Arch

Arch Member

Can you MapNav a misload? I never tried it. I had one that was 9 miles away the other day.

I always used Google Maps because the great thing about it is that it shows you a picture of what that place looks like. You will be able to determine if the misload is a business or not.

11. Delivery!!!

Delivery!!! Member

No. But you can map nav stops given to you if helping another driver.

12. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

New trucks have a skylight so you can use your sextant to navigate.

13. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Google Maps is a good tool but you can't let it become a crutch to find every stop. Its not 100% accurate anyway.

14. GenericUsername

GenericUsername Active Member

Actually, if you sheet the misload and send it in, the center can send the misload back to your board under the route that it was supposed to be on and you can use the map that way.

You can also use the map without it being in the cradle inside the truck. You can zoom out of the map, get a turn by turn look similar to what mapquest used to let you print out. While it's in the cradle, it charges and doesn't kill your battery. It does beep at you when you're about 200 feet away from your stop (though very lightly) then does a louder beep when you're at your stop.

Most people hate the map navigation, but on Saturdays I use the hell out of it. I don't know where a lot of the stops are so I just follow Orion 100% until I get to an area I know and then just work normally. It makes the job pretty brainless as long as you keep your eye on the road more than the diad.

15. Christian M

Christian M Member

You say that joke a lot. It’s not funny anymore

16. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

That’s how he gets you to upgrade to his paid service tier.

17. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Cover the diad with foil!

18. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Lol Ha ha ha Haha lol...

Jackass-e1357316562286.jpeg