GPS / tracking question ?

Beach_UPSer

How can I tell if I am being tracked thru the GPS system at any point throughout the day? Is it correct they have the ability to track only a handful of drivers a day or is it anyone at anytime ? Thanks

pretzel_man

How can I tell if I am being tracked thru the GPS system at any point throughout the day? Is it correct they have the ability to track only a handful of drivers a day or is it anyone at anytime ? Thanks

UPS has had GPS tracking capabilities for well over 10 years. They used to have to put a box on your car in the morning and then retrieve the data in the evening. In those days, each district had a few boxes (about 25).

Today, with DIAD IV, GPS is turned on all the time. Not every driver has all the GPS information saved every day. They pull it when needed.

P-Man

bugman74

after you complete a stop go into the COMM menu and hit prompt 8 (which is not listed, I know) it will show you the LONG and LAT of your last stop.

Gman24

At this point it is not a REAL TIME track as far as your center goes. The board IS on GPS however. The new GPS STOP feature that was turned on a few months back is only based on previous devlivery records, it makes a MATCH with LAT/LONG based on previous deliveries.

With that being said, IT IS COMING IN THE FUTURE as far as real time tracking.
AS one poster replied earlier, if you are doing your job correctly, you should not be intimidated by GPS, unless you have something to hide.

UPSLP0001

You can not tell when you are being tracked, but for the record you are being tracked all the time everyday and should do the job as you are supposed to do it. That way you have nothing to worry about when confronted about doing your job correctly.

Aaron

Our supervisor likes to follows us with a camera. As for tracking, basically the board records the information, which is downloaded later. They won't go to live updating anytime soon. The constant transmitting would put a big drain on the battery, and with no way to recharge it during the day, they'd have to pull work off us.

You can tell with the board is transmitting information, it's when you go you punch in info, or scan something and it has this long pause before responding.

Ru.

this sounds like paranoida. what have you to fear. getting paid to do the job and then doing it professionally, that's what it's about. if you are slacking or commiting diad fraud then beware. you will get found out eventually. if you are not doing anything wrong then no worries

govols019

You smell that?
While that's true I still can't help but be bothered by it. I do what I do for a living because I like the fact of not having a boss standing over my shoulder. If I wanted that I'd go work in an office or factory.

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
The company is buying new cars that are coming equipped with GPS, also has sensors to monitor the bulkhead door, seat belt, and speed of vehicle. So they will know where you are how fast you are going, if the bulkhead door is open while driving, and if you are using your seat belts.
All 140 series p-12 cars that we are getting in are this way along with the new hybrids the 666 series p-7's

Big Babooba

The company is buying new cars that are coming equipped with GPS, also has sensors to monitor the bulkhead door, seat belt, and speed of vehicle. So they will know where you are how fast you are going, if the bulkhead door is open while driving, and if you are using your seat belts.
All 140 series p-12 cars that we are getting in are this way along with the new hybrids the 666 series p-7's
I wonder how many of these sensors will mysteriously fail?