Grab your popcorn, the GOP party is going to blow up right before our very eyes in 2016!

JL 0513

Are you suggesting people keeping more of their money is bad for the economy? If the government raised your taxes and you paid $5K more in taxes this year, does this mean you get to buy more or invest more? That would be some pretty twisted logic. If you believe you are better off funneling more cash to the government, why don't you make the donation? And if that's not allowed, why not go to your local project development and pay the recipients directly?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Are you suggesting people keeping more of their money is bad for the economy? If the government raised your taxes and you paid $5K more in taxes this year, does this mean you get to buy more or invest more? That would be some pretty twisted logic. If you believe you are better off funneling more cash to the government, why don't you make the donation? And if that's not allowed, why not go to your local project development and pay the recipients directly?

Why you people believe that the GOP will lower your taxes is still a mystery to me.

The GOP, historically has raised YOUR taxes every time they have been in office, and to the contrary, the DEMS have lowered your taxes, but you still believe the opposite.

Where does this kind of thinking come from?

Did BUSH2 lower taxes on the middle class and lower class?

Did BUSH1 lower taxes on the middle class and lower class?

Did Reagan lower taxes on the middle and lower class?

Did Nixon lower taxes on the middle and lower class?

Of course the answer is NO, and instead, each of these presidents made it harder on the middle and lower class of citizens, but you still believe.

Thats just mystifying.

TOS.

BrownArmy

Did you read the article?

Cutting taxes sounds great in theory, but in reality, Kansas is a great example.

You have this doe-eyed theory that cutting taxes equals liberty.

Are Kansans feeling the liberty yet?

newfie

newtie, Ohio? It has a relatively high tax rate.

sport_tie ohio has a nice history of actively lowering its tax rate over the years which I have personally enjoyed. taking out those states who do not tax their lowest rate puts them in the low range for states and their highest rate in the middle of the pack. This has certainly helped contribute to Ohio's quick recovery from the economic chaos a few years ago.

newfie

Why you people believe that the GOP will lower your taxes is still a mystery to me.

The GOP, historically has raised YOUR taxes every time they have been in office, and to the contrary, the DEMS have lowered your taxes, but you still believe the opposite.

Of course the answer is NO, and instead, each of these presidents made it harder on the middle and lower class of citizens, but you still believe.

Thats just mystifying.

TOS.

Are you taking legal or illegal supplements that are causing these delusions?
Obamacare passed the supreme court only because the democrats sold it to the supreme court as a tax after lying to the American people and saying it was no such thing.
As such it is likely the single greatest tax this country has ever seen. Much of it delayed to take effect after Obama was re-elected and after he leaves office.

JL 0513

Thats just mystifying.

TOS.

If you're going to sit here and say all the Republicans have raised taxes and the Democrats have cut taxes than we can't have an honest conversation. You're really going to suggest Reagan and W Bush didn't cut taxes for the lower and middle classes? I was lower class and remember full well. Better check with your tax man, you got duped.

JL 0513

Did you read the article?

Cutting taxes sounds great in theory, but in reality, Kansas is a great example.

You have this doe-eyed theory that cutting taxes equals liberty.

Are Kansans feeling the liberty yet?

You don't know what liberty means.

newfie

If you're going to sit here and say all the Republicans have raised taxes and the Democrats have cut taxes than we can't have an honest conversation. You're really going to suggest Reagan and W Bush didn't cut taxes for the lower and middle classes? I was lower class and remember full well. Better check with your tax man, you got duped.

his tax man probably pocketed the savings and blamed Bush for the increase. :)

JL 0513

get used to it , I think we're arguing politics with a couple of ten year olds. I like it myself it means I'm pissing them off. Can I get some red X please.

It's amazing, they'd argue that water isn't wet and say it with a straight face believing every word they say.

I can only take so much of this going around in circles. I only pop in here and there but it kinda wears on you.

BrownArmy

You don't know what liberty means.

Liberty for whom?

"In 2011, (Brownback) made good on his campaign promise and all but eliminated income taxes for the wealthiest Kansans and business owners. In 2012, he cut income taxes again, leaving the poorest Kansans paying an 11.6 percent in taxes, while the wealthier Kansans pay a rate of 3.6 percent. Similar to GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee’s “Fair Tax” plan, Brownback increased the sales tax in the state to make up for the lost state revenue from cutting income taxes for wealthy Kansans and business owners, which also punishes the poor because they spend more of their income buying goods...

Within a few days of the second election, the state announced a $600 million budget deficit, which is expected to grow to the billions if Brownback doesn’t take serious action. Funding was cut from education, more people were kicked off welfare, cuts to infrastructure spending, as well as a refusal to expand the state’s medicaid program. The education cuts were so bad, schools in six districts had to close their doors early..."

LINK

Where Republicans Went Wrong in Kansas

JL 0513

HMMMMM........

Oh boy, you got me. Except that you're comparing two different things.

BrownArmy is suggesting that those in Kansas are having liberty taken away because of a weakened economy. Liberty doesn't have any economic guarantees. Look liberty up in the dictionary if you need to.

On the other hand, taxes represent the government taking something from you, the fruits of your labor. That tied in with the rest of that post you didn't quote is a government letting you live. If they taxed you 90%, they wouldn't be letting you pursue life. But liberty isn't about what the government gives to you.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Oh boy, you got me. Except that you're comparing two different things.

BrownArmy is suggesting that those in Kansas are having liberty taken away because of a weakened economy. Liberty doesn't have any economic guarantees. Look liberty up in the dictionary if you need to.

On the other hand, taxes represent the government taking something from you, the fruits of your labor. That tied in with the rest of that post you didn't quote is a government letting you live. If they taxed you 90%, they wouldn't be letting you pursue life. But liberty isn't about what the government gives to you.
I'm not comparing them, just pointing out that you are, whether you realize it or not.

You said less taxes=more liberty. Those are your words.
Then you said liberty has nothing to do with the economy. Those are your words.
Surely you're not suggesting taxes have nothing to do with the economy......

Go ahead and spin it however you want but I see you talking out of both sides of your mouth.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Are you taking legal or illegal supplements that are causing these delusions?
Obamacare passed the supreme court only because the democrats sold it to the supreme court as a tax after lying to the American people and saying it was no such thing.
As such it is likely the single greatest tax this country has ever seen. Much of it delayed to take effect after Obama was re-elected and after he leaves office.

Ya, thats how it works.

Could you point to this explanation in the ACA itself...

Ill wait.

TOS.

BrownArmy

Taxes actually went up in Kansas for the lower half of the economic ladder - so, yeah, by the concept of less taxes= more liberty, I'd say there is less liberty.