Grandpa Upstate

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Dave, keep in mind, you expanded your role and added another experience stripe to you shoulder. Never forget and always remember, the mother of your grandchild is still your little girl. She should always know the string she wrapped around your pinky is as tight as it was the day she was born...

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I refused to look down south when my little guy was being born. Kept my eyes above the belt cuz I just didn't want to see. :) That feeling that washed over me though when he was born was like nothing else I've ever felt.

You were there. That's what matters. I'm sure your wife could not care less that you didn't see what was going on below the belt.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
A girlfriends husband was serving overseas on the birth of their third child. The little booger was stubborn so he had to come out C section. I was the backup spouse so I was with her for the procedure and I made the mistake of looking down at what could be best described as a sliced watermelon based on the multitude of colors.

Ms.PacMan

Remember when the sex of the baby was revealed when it was born ?? Back in the day.
I was so tired that I forgot to ask. The OB flipped him up on my stomach then looked at me between my legs and said, "Don't you want to know what it is?". "Oh yeah", I said. I could have cared less really. My husband was speechless and in tears and didn't say a word for the longest time.

Congrats Dave!

Lead Belly---I'm curious why you disagreed with this post. Are you saying you don't believe me?
Lead Belly---I'm curious why you disagreed with this post. Are you saying you don't believe me?
I just went back and changed it. I meant to hit the funny charm. Thanks for letting me know I hit it. You are one of my favorite long time posters on this forum. Sorry for the confusion Rod.

rod

Retired 22 years
I just went back and changed it. I meant to hit the funny charm. Thanks for letting me know I hit it. You are one of my favorite long time posters on this forum. Sorry for the confusion Rod.

I was just curious---no harm done. Another interesting and stupid fact. With both my kids my wife was in the "Smoking" section of the maternity ward. Four gals in a room waiting to deliver---they all smoked.

I was just curious---no harm done. Another interesting and stupid fact. With both my kids my wife was in the "Smoking" section of the maternity ward. Four gals in a room waiting to deliver---they all smoked.
That was a different time. No you can finance a billion dollar stadium with a sin tax and you can't even smoke inside it.

Future

Victory Ride
I refused to look down south when my little guy was being born. Kept my eyes above the belt cuz I just didn't want to see. :) That feeling that washed over me though when he was born was like nothing else I've ever felt.
You just made me have a flash back........exactly what i did and felt.........there was a slight moment of panic involved though when he didnt cry immediately......16yrs later i cant get him to shut up ....lol

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I was one of those rare babies that came out umbilical cord first.
My dad was one proud son-of-a-bitch for 30 seconds and then morphed into 40 years of disappointment. :wink2::bigsmile2::slap: J/K LOL

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I have been totally amazed every moment since my son was born. Savor every moment from birth to present. My son brings out the best in me and hopefully I didn't screw up to bad as a Dad.