Granny Stoners

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Chantix was the biggest waste of $160 ever....gave me crazy nightmares and mood swings. Never again.
Lol my uncle has been chewing since he was 8 years old. He said when he was on chantix he wanted nothing to do with tabacco. Problem was he was planning murders while he was on it. He's a doctor and said he knew his thoughts were not rational but had to get off it because he honestly believed he would killed someone before it was all over.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Congrats More on quitting smoking!

I'm gradually winding down my tobacco intake, and I want to be tobacco-free by my 40th birthday (coming soon)...

If I might ask, what method did you use to quit?

I've 'quit' several times in the past, but clearly it didn't stick.

I tried Chantix, but it gave me murderous and otherwise disturbing dreams - non-ideal.

I have friends who tried the patch, but it also gave them crazy and unstable dreams...

Cold Turkey for me was the only way to do it, or else I'd be hooked on something else.....gum, patch, vape, etc

It's not easy and after all this time I want one every day. Distraction is the secret.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Lol my uncle has been chewing since he was 8 years old. He said when he was on chantix he wanted nothing to do with tabacco. Problem was he was planning murders while he was on it. He's a doctor and said he knew his thoughts were not rational but had to get off it because he honestly believed he would killed someone before it was all over.
Wow. It wasn't that bad for me....but I definitely didn't feel like myself at all. But I cut down to 4 or 5 cigarettes a day on it.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
My doctor back in the early '90's prescribed Wellbutrin (an anti-depressant, but chemically the same as Zyban which wasn't covered by insurance) for me to quit smoking.

After about a week and a half, I decided I'd rather smoke. I couldn't stand being around anybody. I just wanted to withdraw into a little shell.

Back to the OP, I stopped smoking the happy stuff when I started at Parcel in the late '70's. Now that I'm retired............

BrownArmy

Murderous dreams is actually a side effect that's listed?

I don't think that's how they list it on the 'potential side effects' blurb on the bottle...

Do you watch TV? Do you see the ads for whatever wonder-drug they're promoting, and at the end of the commercial there's the obligatory disclaimer?

I.E. "Use of this drug may lead to discomfort in the pants' region, increasing failure to communicate with loved ones, complete renal failure, ocular disfigurement, sexual dysfunction, increased thoughts of suicide or suicidal ideation, increased risk of crapping one's pants, potential increasing risk of narcissism and/or solipsism, potential risk of pedophilia and/or necrophilia, potential bleeding from the mouth/ears/nose/urethra/anus (and any other orifice/orifices not yet defined by doctors), potential episodes of mania and/or depression, possible circumstances of existential 'fugue', potential episodes of 'extraneous-limb-spontaneous-growth-syndrome', blurring of vision, blurring of thought, inability to sleep and/or go to sleep....."

ETC.

No dude, 'murderous dreams' aren't listed on the bottle.

You've Got Mail

images

I'd rather smoke a gram on Friday nights than drink a 6 pack. Haven't smoked since August, way before I was hired, but I don't see myself quitting for 20+ years. I've been with drivers this week who smoke a cig every 3 or 4 stops, and that's disgusting. I was a pack-a-day smoker for over 10 years. Been cig-free for over 2 years. Went to e-cigs and then cold turkey. Without e-cigs I doubt I would have quit.

My doctor back in the early '90's prescribed Wellbutrin (an anti-depressant, but chemically the same as Zyban which wasn't covered by insurance) for me to quit smoking.

After about a week and a half, I decided I'd rather smoke. I couldn't stand being around anybody. I just wanted to withdraw into a little shell.

Back to the OP, I stopped smoking the happy stuff when I started at Parcel in the late '70's. Now that I'm retired............
I tried that too. Made me crazy! Probably still have the side effects from that.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
images

I'd rather smoke a gram on Friday nights than drink a 6 pack. Haven't smoked since August, way before I was hired, but I don't see myself quitting for 20+ years. I've been with drivers this week who smoke a cig every 3 or 4 stops, and that's disgusting. I was a pack-a-day smoker for over 10 years. Been cig-free for over 2 years. Went to e-cigs and then cold turkey. Without e-cigs I doubt I would have quit.
Exactly. If you told me I had to quit drinking or smoking, id choose quitting drinking every single time, and not even think twice about it, for real lol. Drinking over rated really, gets old as you get older. Rather get my buzz on and get in my zone a different way. You drink too much, you cant drive, you get fat, and your hungover. Ill pass, rather have a nice comfy buzz in my comfy place, not get fat, not be hungover and can drive somewhere if I wanted and needed too. Easy choice really and actually a lot cheaper too, which is A OK in my book lmfao.

Exactly. If you told me I had to quit drinking or smoking, id choose quitting drinking every single time, and not even think twice about it, for real lol. Drinking over rated really, gets old as you get older. Rather get my buzz on and get in my zone a different way. You drink too much, you cant drive, you get fat, and your hungover. Ill pass, rather have a nice comfy buzz in my comfy place, not get fat, not be hungover and can drive somewhere if I wanted and needed too. Easy choice really and actually a lot cheaper too, which is A OK in my book lmfao.
Coors lite,Is not drinking!...Just saying!