Greenville, SC hub and the local economy

Are there any UPS employees on this forum who work at the Greenville hub on 291 Fairforest Way?

I was in Anderson, SC about a week ago and talked briefly to a UPS driver while on his lunch break. He told me that Greenville was a good hub to work at as a PC driver.

At this particular hub, is it better recommended to work the sunrise or the twilight shift package handling?

How long, on average, would you think it could take working part-time package handling before I would have an opportunity to be selected on the FT bid sheet?

How is the overall economy in Greenville? Are the pickups and deliveries increasing due to more businesses and residents moving there?

Is it fairly quick to make the deliveries and pick ups on time in the city or is the traffic a huge problem with getting things done in a timely manner?

What are the good and bad qualities about living and working in Greenville, SC?

How does the Greenville hub compare to the one in Spartanburg?

Thanks

By The Book

Are there any UPS employees on this forum who work at the Greenville hub on 291 Fairforest Way?

I was in Anderson, SC about a week ago and talked briefly to a UPS driver while on his lunch break. He told me that Greenville was a good hub to work at as a PC driver.

At this particular hub, is it better recommended to work the sunrise or the twilight shift package handling?

How long, on average, would you think it could take working part-time package handling before I would have an opportunity to be selected on the FT bid sheet?

How is the overall economy in Greenville? Are the pickups and deliveries increasing due to more businesses and residents moving there?

Is it fairly quick to make the deliveries and pick ups on time in the city or is the traffic a huge problem with getting things done in a timely manner?

Thanks
Let's not put the cart in front of the horse just yet. You first need to be employed at ups.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Sometimes it's hard to give away a job. In all fairness if I was looking for a job I would factor in cost of living, if it made a difference.
There are a lot of things to factor in. This guy is asking the right questions IMO.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
He was probably hoping for another driver from the same hub to address those points now that he's had time to think about some questions.

The Milkman

Thanks

1st of all get hired. If and when the time comes (May be years) to go driving There is no way to say that you can make quick deliveries in the city. Everyday is different from weather to load quality and NDA commits. With a city route you can expect more stops and less miles, possibly usinga hand truck at times. One traffic accident will throw your day sideways. A residential route at least the one I had for 10 years I would have maybe 95 stops and 105-120 miles per day for 8 hrs. Ups will expect more sporh in tighter areas than in a more spread out area. Just makes sense. I did some city routes and or a mix and most of the time I was criss crossing some streets with a hand truck and not in the seat a lot. Mall stops were a pain to deliver to the rear doors in some cases depending on how old the mall or strip mall was. And over the years in rural areas I saw farms sold and then new homes built so things do change and the route you start or bid on will not be even close to what it can be 8-10 years down the road. Example, Home Depot and Walmart opens and then comes 4-500 new condos just as an example.Just my 2 cents

GameCockFan

Spartanburg would be your best bet. Greenville is just a package center, a decent sized one. Spartanburg is an actual hub. They added a lot of people to the feeder qualified list in the past year. Around 40-50. I think you would move to full-time faster in Spartanburg. As far as living in an area. Greenville is vastly superior to Spartanburg. There only 25 miles apart, right on I-85 so not a big deal to get to either one.