Greg Kerwoods Contract Review

MostHelpNeeded

Say uh mosthelp maybe you should educate yourself on this subject.
You look kind of. Ignorant right now
Care to elaborate?

I re-read my first line, and wanted to clear up that I know the NE pension is not healthy, that's not what I was saying, or implying, at all. Just that from what I understand, we are still getting 'up to' .50 additionally, yearly.

Johney

Oh yeah, that’s a keeper!

IMG_5436.gif

govols019

You smell that?
You received the same economic package that everyone did in the NMA last contract. You got your $1 just like everyone else.

Your plan performing poorly is different then me taking your contributions from you.

By the end of this contract, what will your pension payout be for 35 years?

govols019

You smell that?
This is like pulling teeth.

I have to work 1801 hours to get a full credit year....I wish it was 500.

If a person retired at 55 years old with 30 full-time years in your plan what would they draw?

542thruNthru

If a person retired at 55 years old with 30 full-time years in your plan what would they draw?
Watch that tone with me. Since I'm now helping keep a roof over your head because you can't manage your finances correctly for retirement you need to start showing me some respect young man. :)

Ok, does your plan have a maximum it will pay?
I don't know of a max payout, but I still don't know what payouts have to do with it.

If I invest my money and have a higher net worth than another driver, does that mean I deserve the same top pay as the last contract while others get the GWI? Would this make sense since I'd have "plenty of money" and wouldn't need it as badly?

That's the discussion here, many pensions are not getting a raise, they're getting the same contributions as last contract put into them to make up for wage raises.

If you'd like to dig up every Western Region Supplement, or specifically Southwest Rider since 1993 and find the contribution rates, I'll math it up for you and give you a ballpark idea. Also, you'll need every adjustments to Western Conference of Teamsters' disbursement rates. And then find out if there were any years in there with higher funding rates, or if there were any deferments (per local) within the last thirty years. There other variables, but I can get you an idea within a couple thousand a month or so.

There's literally no way to know unless you ask a 30-year guy who was hired FT off the street, worked at least 2,080 for the last 30 years, and retired yesterday. I don't know any.

Johney

Same here 1801 hours per year. 35 years of service here is $4300 a month now, if this contract is ratifies it jumps to $5300 come Jan. 2024. We have a pension calculator on UPSERS to put in different retirement date/age,spousal benefit scenarios, doesn't everyone have that? 55 and up years old gets you Teamcare retirement insurance.

Same here 1801 hours per year. 35 years of service here is $4300 a month now, if this contract is ratifies it jumps to $5300 come Jan. 2024. We have a pension calculator on UPSERS to put in different retirement date/age,spousal benefit scenarios, doesn't everyone have that? 55 and up years old gets you Teamcare retirement insurance.
If you were out West, you and I could've started the same day and retired the same day, and most likely would have different pension amounts. There are so many factors, but mostly the 2,080 hours. If I went out on disability, or didn't work a full 2,080 for most any other reason it would change my payout forever.

Johney

If you were out West, you and I could've started the same day and retired the same day, and most likely would have different pension amounts. There are so many factors, but mostly the 2,080 hours. If I went out on disability, or didn't work a full 2,080 for most any other reason it would change my payout forever.
Well that sucks.