Grievance question

GetTacosOrDieTrying

What's in the box!!!!!?
I can see recording something on a phone while on th clock as "stealing time". The DM part was more of the extreme case. More so the manager doing Union work. By the sound of things one would need to rally by the squad and have multiple people back the grievance to make anything stick.

Cowboy Mac

I can see recording something on a phone while on th clock as "stealing time". The DM part was more of the extreme case. More so the manager doing Union work. By the sound of things one would need to rally by the squad and have multiple people back the grievance to make anything stick.

No, it has more to do with Information Security than anything else. UPS doesn't want it's information out there on the web for competitors to see. Also a manager doing hourly work doesn't always use hand to surface, walks on moving belts, slides, etc. It just makes us look bad.

I have heard of Full Time Sups being grieved successfully in my local for blatant violations of the contract, but never a DM. When he is here, our DM just walks around all the time with a worried look on his face and questions the ft and pt sups about the operation. Hourly work would be way beneath him, and rightly so. But get witnesses, it might work.

Dweezel

You can videotape anything it can't be on UPS property though it's in the employee manual. And not knowing it's in it won't save you.

box_beeyotch

Your BA must have a working relationship with both the center manager and DM. Signing off on frivolous grievances would seriously erode that relationship.

There's nothing frivolous about upper management stealing union money. However, I seriously doubt anyone at that level would ever touch cardboard.