Grievance worthy or suck it up? Holiday pay

IESucks

Nice. Just received a health insurance termination notice for the week ending 12/29.

I did return to work 1/2 and got a paycheck today so I should be reinstated. That being up in limbo for 1-3 weeks is terrifying.

What a slimy company. Union rep basically said it’s my responsibility to know what days I do and don’t have. By seeing them cashed out 12/1 and saying nothing for the next three weeks, fault lies on me. He believes I should’ve used option week days, which cash out on your anniversary day.

Luckily I’m relatively healthy , didn’t have appointments or kids on any plans for the We 12/29. They say a reinstatement may take up to 2 weeks.

I also see who has my back. Bosses could’ve called me and ask if I wanted to use a sick day. Instead they put it in as a option day that reverts back to a scheduled off since I didn’t have any.

So again, I’ll ask is this grievance worthy? Reps seem to think no.
Nope, payroll followed the rules of no vacations etc during December. You can't win

IESucks

Nice. Just received a health insurance termination notice for the week ending 12/29.

I did return to work 1/2 and got a paycheck today so I should be reinstated. That being up in limbo for 1-3 weeks is terrifying.

What a slimy company. Union rep basically said it’s my responsibility to know what days I do and don’t have. By seeing them cashed out 12/1 and saying nothing for the next three weeks, fault lies on me. He believes I should’ve used option week days, which cash out on your anniversary day.

Luckily I’m relatively healthy , didn’t have appointments or kids on any plans for the We 12/29. They say a reinstatement may take up to 2 weeks.

I also see who has my back. Bosses could’ve called me and ask if I wanted to use a sick day. Instead they put it in as a option day that reverts back to a scheduled off since I didn’t have any.

So again, I’ll ask is this grievance worthy? Reps seem to think no.
You now know you have to have at least one punch during a week, or paid day to have insurance coverage for the week. The next day you punched in you're covered again for the week. If any claims get denied just explain the insurance company hadn't updated their records and to please resubmit bills. Been there, done that