Gross insubordination

What specific article were you fired for? Your grievance must include an article that matches your discharge. In the central, we can't file a grievance until the discharge letter has been received. Did you have a steward present when you were discharged and was an article cited?
Steward was present. I was told I’m terminated for gross insubordination. I think things are done differently here

Trucker Clock

I get it that you all think I may or may not get my job back. But if I refused to help, refused to run a different route or refused to do something similar, it’s still gross insubordination. In the Atlantic region it’s not a cardinal infraction. I should be working.

Nope.

Half the Arbitrators have ruled that the Cardinal Sin list is not inclusive. Half have ruled that it is inclusive.

You willing to gamble on which Arbitrator you get? Or which Arbitrator's decision influences your case?

Nah
Isn’t rule number 1 “work as directed”
You can refuse if it's unsafe or illegal. But he won't even hint at what it pertains to and his entire defense is predicated on insubordination not being a cardinal offense (which it is, everywhere). That leads me to believe there was no safety issue, because if there was, that would be his defense. Not nitpicking contract language.

@Management Blows I've got some links for you. No need to thank me.

You can refuse if it's unsafe or illegal. But he won't even hint at what it pertains to and his entire defense is predicated on insubordination not being a cardinal offense (which it is, everywhere). That leads me to believe there was no safety issue, because if there was, that would be his defense. Not nitpicking contract language.

@Management Blows I've got some links for you. No need to thank me.

You want cheese on that? Up size? Pull up to the next window. How’d I do? I still disagree that it’s a cardinal offense. Maybe I’m wrong? That’s my point, looking for tangible evidence one way or the other

Nah
I still disagree that it’s a cardinal offense. Maybe I’m wrong? That’s my point, looking for tangible evidence one way or the other
Well your BA says it is, so I don't see you winning that battle.

I still say if it was really a safety issue you would be using that to defend yourself, not arguing with the BA or BCers about cardinal offenses.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Well your BA says it is, so I don't see you winning that battle.

I still say if it was really a safety issue you would be using that to defend yourself, not arguing with the BA or BCers about cardinal offenses.
He's not arguing...

He has no defense.

Or offense.

They probably just termed him because he presented his case the same way he has here.

I'm sure his BA is reading this thread laughing.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You want cheese on that? Up size? Pull up to the next window. How’d I do? I still disagree that it’s a cardinal offense. Maybe I’m wrong? That’s my point, looking for tangible evidence one way or the other
You are wasting everyone’s time here him hawing around about what you did
Either tell the whole story or beat it

Whereistheunion

4 cardinal sins FIGHTING ON THE CLOCK, NOT REPORTING A ACCIDENT, STEALING AND LYING everything else is negotiable and ends with warning letter or suspension.