GROUND CLOUD USERS: what accessories do you use?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yeah, I'm thinking was that part of the fleetmatics program or was it part of the powerpad lease already?

I'm doing fine with that Garmin GPS since June...

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Yeah, I'm thinking was that part of the fleetmatics program or was it part of the powerpad lease already?

I'm doing fine with that Garmin GPS since June...
I was told mid week we are renting the next gen scanners from a 3rd party, they are going to look like smartphones. I questioned whether or not we were responsible for their upkeep and charging, and got a vague answer.

Reportedly, the scanners are in beta testing somewhere and do everything Groundcloud and Packageroute do. Fleetmatics for us is a separate unit connected to the truck.

It will be fine

I was told mid week we are renting the next gen scanners from a 3rd party, they are going to look like smartphones. I questioned whether or not we were responsible for their upkeep and charging, and got a vague answer.

Reportedly, the scanners are in beta testing somewhere and do everything Groundcloud and Packageroute do. Fleetmatics for us is a separate unit connected to the truck.
They won’t do everything, probably just give a route sequence with the manifest. It won’t track hours, give safety massages, document pre/post trips and integrate with the VEDR cameras.

OrioN

Shrugs, it's true that the new zebra scanners are all inclusive. I can actually see a map layout of a route I'm covering. Settings on tip right corner, then map view

Their DRO or sequencing system still sucks when you have a mix of businesses and rezzies; the FedEx system can't differentiate and prioritize businesses that have banker's hours. ... similar to following orion via ups software.

But I also make garbage routes (bulk and iCs or whatever is overflow from a handful of routes on the same town )

I'll cover 200 miles a day to do cleanup without the ground cloud. Just my garmin gps. With scanners and batteries are in short supply, using the map navigation will kill the zebra scanner battery.

Heck, I'll sometimes just use the hand sheet... major pita for the bc or AO to enter them manually the morning after.

OrioN

Isn’t that an oxymoron
Yeah, that's y they don't get paid as well as a brownie driver, who does FXE, FXG, and FX HD in a smaller, tighter service area.

Hd, is the easiest of the 3 main opcos. They recently combined HD and ground... but in some terminals, are still running them separately.

I prefer rezzies, no commit times, just date certain that it's coming off my truck today/tonight

OrioN

Yes. It’s the best system available. The iPads you get from either ATT or Verizon are whatever is current and lowest memory available. You only need the one app installed so you don’t need memory.
I've seen it get new drivers up to speed within a week... some routes, however are still effed up... I'm guessing that bc or AO didn't tweak the area to run in a better trace. It has a driver going to a secluded 55+ community 3 different times of the day!.

Another bc from a different van line knows how to tweak and balance routes so no one route is too cumbersome to cover when that veteran driver is off

It will be fine

Nice, can you share where you got your ipads? and how much they cost?
There’s one sales rep for AT&T that only handles GroundCloud customers. They have them for .99 and you can cancel the contract after a few months if you need to. Verizon you have to sign up on Mygroundbiz in the discount section. Their iPads are free but you have to sign a 2 year data contract. They have other discounts too, your employees can use a code for discounts on their personal lines. Email GroundCloud support and they can hook you up with the ATT guy.

It will be fine

That's good for those with personal iPhones, still not for android?
If a contractor signs up for the Verizon discounts, his employees can get a discount on their personal phone lines. It’s not related to GroundCloud. It’s just a deal FedEx made with Verizon.