HOW I CAME TO BE ABLE TO FORGIVE FOR UPS FOR MY TERMINATION! Part 1

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Long story short- He passed a business and at the end of the day found the package (on road but at the end of route). Instead of going back he scanned the package as closed and they weren't. They called to complain and he got fired for dishonesty.

Thank you.

I was planning on reading "War and Peace" this weekend but am pressed for time--would you mind reading it and giving me a short summation?

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
You should forget about UPS and write stories about kids with wands going to a magic school, you're narrative abilities would serve you better somewhere else. You could make a biography about the crap that goes on at UPS, you can't make this stuff up.

The writing is very good.
CPaul is skilled.

Leftinbuilding

No "situational ethics" at UPS. The health issues are simply a side issue, an attempted justification. Bottom line....a stop was recorded as closed when they were not. Honest or dishonest? Hope you are feeling better.

Floyd Gondolli

Long story short- He passed a business and at the end of the day found the package (on road but at the end of route). Instead of going back he scanned the package as closed and they weren't. They called to complain and he got fired for dishonesty.
I think "package" and "business" were used as plural. That's a problem.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
The writing is very good.
CPaul is skilled.
And this is why I believe he will be just fine if never comes back. He's wasting his potential at UPS and judging by his ability to express a thought shows his intellectual prowess using words. As far as his decision making, well that might be lacking.

Floyd Gondolli

The David Mamet, Aaron Sorkin of UPS drivers. Imagine his past responses to the center communicating thru the DIAD. Probably made the center clerks head explode.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
If you get you job back and find yourself in this situation again sheet the package as missed.... Or do what a lot of other drivers do stuff the package in the back of the car and forget about it... However sheeting it as missed is easier and the right thing to do.. It's easier to explain why you missed it than why you lied about what happen...

They will audit and check trucks at times. Hit & miss high risk. I wouldn't do it .

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Sorry for your medical problem , and it effected your job with a bad ending. Tough job. Next career u should B an author .

Re-Raise

If you sheet a package saying you attempted a delivery that you didn't attempt, that pretty much sounds like dishonesty to me.

The whole medical history is your way of rationalizing your dishonesty.

Do you intend to pretend to make deliveries every time you don't feel well? I am sorry you are having medical problems. I am a 16 year cancer survivor. It sucks to be ill. It is not an excuse for dishonesty.

You may get your job back if they think you have learned your lesson and haven't had problems before, but the excuses aren't going to help.

ymelord

I find it hard to believe that everybody here giving you zhit hasn’t sheeted a package up wrong at one time or another. Just be honest now, and hope for the best. If you get your job back, do it by the methods. By the way there isn’t anything in the methods about delivering packages on your way home, screw UPS on that, and let your sup take the heat for missed pkgs. Good Luck

I find it hard to believe that everybody here giving you zhit hasn’t sheeted a package up wrong at one time or another. Just be honest now, and hope for the best. If you get your job back, do it by the methods. By the way there isn’t anything in the methods about delivering packages on your way home, screw UPS on that, and let your sup take the heat for missed pkgs. Good Luck
I can honestly say I never have. Being a steward kinda scares you straight. Before I was a steward I was friends with the Steward and many the old-timer and valued the lessons they handed down. If new drivers had respect for the guys and girls who have survived for 20 to 30 years doing the job no matter how late ups reports say they are and doing the job by he methods then they would have this kinda job security. Many are more interested in getting off by five and running bonus. Let me know how this works out for you I say to them.

themidnightoil

the pain you are having is your gallbladder. you have stones that are getting trapped in your bile duct and will cause strong pains until it passes. after the stone passes, you feel fine. the pain can be just a few minutes to days.

best of luck to you on getting you job back.

boxjockey

Feel your pain

Sorry to hear about this. Try to remember the only boss big brown has are the companies an people we deal with while making money. Hope all works out well in your case. I would like to hear the outcome. My prayers go out to you