Had my "tour" appointment for a Casual Driver position last week...

kevwilcom

I am new to this process but applied to be a Casual Package Driver and had my tour last week Monday (6/29). When I got home I received a text message saying I am now able to fill out the 2nd part of the application which I did and got my DOT physical, as they requested. Does anyone have any experience in how long it took for them to reach out again? The HR guy that lead the tour said background checks have been taking a little bit longer. Also, the 2nd part of the application I filled out online asked for my direct deposit information and other forms that I typically have done after being hired. Last question- Will they give me enough notice to give my current job 2 weeks notice or will they just tell me to come in in a few days?

Any experiences or insight would be much appreciated.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I am new to this process but applied to be a Casual Package Driver and had my tour last week Monday (6/29). When I got home I received a text message saying I am now able to fill out the 2nd part of the application which I did and got my DOT physical, as they requested. Does anyone have any experience in how long it took for them to reach out again? The HR guy that lead the tour said background checks have been taking a little bit longer. Also, the 2nd part of the application I filled out online asked for my direct deposit information and other forms that I typically have done after being hired. Last question- Will they give me enough notice to give my current job 2 weeks notice or will they just tell me to come in in a few days?

Any experiences or insight would be much appreciated.
Whats a "casual package " position?
You get to wear some nice slacks and maybe some loafers as you deliver packages?
For most of your questions they would be your location specific, especially with COVID-19, but no I doubt they will give you enough notice for your job

kevwilcom

Thanks for your reply.

It is seasonal, and I think the casual refers to on-call, but the HR said they are so busy that there won't really be an on-call. Is it strange for them to request my direct deposit information without me being hired?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Thanks for your reply.

It is seasonal, and I think the casual refers to on-call, but the HR said they are so busy that there won't really be an on-call. Is it strange for them to request my direct deposit information without me being hired?
You got the job unless your background comes back negative, but expect to be jerked around by them. This site is littered with posts of seasonals getting used and abused UPS

clean hairy

Thanks for your reply.

Could be they want to verify a good bank account for the money to go into.