Halloween?

B

bglyle

I'm a contractor for FedEx. I was wondering if you guys stopped a certain time on Halloween or if you worked until you were done? No matter how late it would be.

Thanks

Bill

W

wkmac

Same as dammor at our location.

Hey Bill,
Did FedEx have the contract drivers come in early on Halloween? And by the way, welcome and hope you'll stick around and yak with us some. A lot of talk about the FedEx contract drivers goes around but I'd like to hear your perspective on some of this stuff. Truth always somewhere in the middle instead of out there on some extreme.

I would like to ask you one question and I'm not asking you to divulge internal info. In fact I insist you don't but what I would like to ask is about being a subcontractor. Speaking for yourself, what are the pros and what are the cons as you see it? I've heard tons of comments from UPS/Teamster folks and they were all negative but I'd like to hear from someone who is actually doing it day in and day out. By the way I'm a Teamster as well but hold absolutely no ill will towards you guys. In many ways I admire you.

Again, welcome and I hope you'll visit and talk with us a bit.

mac

P

proups

Bill: same here....all day until we were finished. We were reminded to look out for the little gremlins (like we wouldn't).

P

pkgdriver

Worked till we were finished.

No front door dr's also.

D

dannyboy

Pkg

THe only time I use the FD listing for DR's is when I place the package BETWEEN the storm and front doors. Anything else is porch. That way if I have a follow up, I can tell the customer, "I stuck it right here between the doors" Usually never a question after that.

d